Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2004 Blazer Double DIN, any pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:08 AM
dratner is on a distinguished road
Default 2004 Blazer Double DIN, any pictures?

New to forum and new to Blazer ownership. 2004 Blazer 4D 4x4.

Wondering if anyone has pictures of a 2x DIN install on a stock Blazer. Looks like 2 DIN should fit but want to make sure it looks clean.

Also I have gotten conflicting answers on whether I need an additional "box" or unit due to door chimes and such being run through the head unit. How can I tell if this applies to my model.

Picture of my current radio attached if it helps.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Attached Thumbnails 2004 Blazer Double DIN, any pictures?-zi6_0118.jpg  
Old 01-13-2010, 11:19 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Looks like you ok for the "Chime module" but double check by putting your ear to the speaker and see if the chiimes come outta there.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:26 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

The Bravada's are the only ones that came with a double din stock radio as far as I know. You'd have to get a Bravada dash bezel to make it fit properly if I'm not mistaken. It might have changed in the later years though. Your radio almost looks to be double din. Someone just put a double din in their Blazer by replacing the bezel with a Bravada one. I can't remember now who it was...I think it was Drew. Let me see if I can't find pics.
As for the chime, all of the dings for the door and lights etc. are run through the stereo. If you put an after market one in you will lose those (unless you buy an extra module for it). This is pretty much universal for all vehicles (GM anyway).

EDIT:

Here you go:

It looks to be the same bezel you have in your truck. Apparently they put stock double din decks in the later model Blazers. The ones from the early 00's were 1.5 din.

Last edited by Sisk; 01-13-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:31 AM

Mines a stock bezel and I have the $12 wiring harness. Still have all my chimes.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:20 PM
dratner is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick replys.

Looking at that picture that Sisk posted, it seems like a 2 DIN should work ok.

Also, I checked and when I leave my lights on as well as when I have the key in the ignition, the chimes are not coming from the speakers. The sounds seems to be coming from behind the dash somewhere in the vicinity of the the ashtray.

Now all I have to do is figure out what big 2 DIN I want to buy. I don't have much cash

Old 01-13-2010, 03:44 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Mines a stock bezel and I have the $12 wiring harness. Still have all my chimes.
Originally Posted by dratner
Thanks for the quick replys.

Looking at that picture that Sisk posted, it seems like a 2 DIN should work ok.

Also, I checked and when I leave my lights on as well as when I have the key in the ignition, the chimes are not coming from the speakers. The sounds seems to be coming from behind the dash somewhere in the vicinity of the the ashtray.

Now all I have to do is figure out what big 2 DIN I want to buy. I don't have much cash
They may have changed the chime for the later models. It appears you guys have a different stock deck then mine and the previous years. My chime doesn't come through the speakers either but the security system (which controls the chime) is run through the deck.
I can tell you for a fact that mine is through the radio and I will lose my chime if I replace it. It's the same way with Cavalier decks too...

Old 01-13-2010, 04:02 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

The 03 - 05's came stock with a double din RDS stereo.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:25 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by RangerG
The 03 - 05's came stock with a double din RDS stereo.
Yeah I figured that Wil after seeing the pics of both lol. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:45 PM

Yea Sisk. I originally thought I would need it too! My 02 Grand Am was like that too. I guess it hit or miss with these vehicles for some things!

Old 01-13-2010, 06:03 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Yup, They all have said the same thing I was going to.

Quick Reply: 2004 Blazer Double DIN, any pictures?