Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2004 Blazer Double DIN, any pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:40 PM
dratner is on a distinguished road

Thanks again for all the feedback. I will post a picture when I am finished with the install.

BTW, how do you take off the dash? It looks like it just pulls off but I don't want to mess it up buy tugging on it forcefully.

Thx.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:39 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
Yeah I figured that Wil after seeing the pics of both lol. Thanks for the clarification.
Haha no problem. They're something I'd like to get, but seem to be $500-600 out of my price range. Know of any free ones?

Old 01-14-2010, 06:22 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dratner
Thanks again for all the feedback. I will post a picture when I am finished with the install.

BTW, how do you take off the dash? It looks like it just pulls off but I don't want to mess it up buy tugging on it forcefully.

Thx.
There's 4 bolts on the piece under the steering wheel you need to remove. Once that piece is dropped, there is either 2 or 3 bolts holding the bezel on. Take those bolts off and then the rest is just clips. it will pull right off once those bolts are removed.

Originally Posted by RangerG
Haha no problem. They're something I'd like to get, but seem to be $500-600 out of my price range. Know of any free ones?

hahaha no, sorry Wil. I haven't seen a cheap one ever.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

My 2002 with a Kenwood

Old 01-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Starting Member
blazeitupdrgonzo is on a distinguished road

I have an 04 and I tried to get a 2 DIN deck and the guy came outside looked at my dash and told me its only 1.5 DIN but my dash looks just like yours Peco. ????????????Nice deck btw

Old 01-15-2010, 05:11 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

If you measure it and it is 4" tall by 7" wide you have a double din. Sounds like you either have a 1.5 din, or the guy you talked to had no idea. More than likely the latter.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Starting Member

ok thanks Ranger G

Old 01-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

My truck is a 02 that came with 1.5 din, I had to find a dash bezel from a 03-up that had the DDin. To get the radio to fit in the dash hole I need to trim alittle. But yours being a 04 you shouldn't have any problem. Is your stock radio a RDS radio?

Old 01-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Starting Member

Im not sure what an RDS radio is but i do know that my dash has the same size opening as your pic with that sexy kenwood deck haha

Old 01-21-2010, 02:18 PM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

I want one. If you wanted dvd,ipod,navi and usb whats a good model. Maybe that someone allready has, I like PECO'S

Quick Reply: 2004 Blazer Double DIN, any pictures?