Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

6.5" in Door Panel 1st Gen S10 BLAZER

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 02:31 AM
Beginning Member
jvde is on a distinguished road
Default 6.5" in Door Panel 1st Gen S10 BLAZER

Hey guys my first post here - Going to post pics u of my Audio Install soon on 88 chevy blazer..

heres what ive done so far:

removed all interior plastic
Useal Interior (dynamat) from home depot. works great!
Boss 7" Flip Out Head Unit
6x9 Component speakers in back - replaced ash trays with tweeters (mod)
PolK audio 4x6 Up front
Basslink in Back for Bass

Sounds Amazing - but i want more speaker already

searching around here and cant find anyone who has modded there front door panels on first gen 2dr S10 Blazer to fit 6.5" but know it has been done.. anyone have any pics or experience?

also all i need to do to add more speaker is add an amp right? i can wire extra speakers in series..?

thanks

Attached Thumbnails 6.5" in Door Panel 1st Gen S10 BLAZER-oooucha.jpg  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:24 AM
dirt101 is on a distinguished road

I wouldnt drop another penny until you replace that boss HU with something better. Seriously the heart of your sound sytem has to be solid before you go adding a bunch of other stuff.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:28 AM

but if you do want to add 6.5s in the door your going to need to build someting like this. I started working on these, but then sold my truck before I ever tested them.

Attached Thumbnails 6.5" in Door Panel 1st Gen S10 BLAZER-20131007_152728_zps6ed5877e.jpg  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Beginning Member

lol funny you said to drop the Boss and then posted pic of the Pyles

looks awesome tho, was thinking two in each side would bang! ill post pics up soon of my install.

as for boss just wanted a flip-out knew it was ghetto, figure with good amp and crossover it wont matter?

Old 10-31-2013, 12:02 AM
Beginning Member

heres clean install just for the sake of this thread.. notice the tweeters

Attached Thumbnails 6.5" in Door Panel 1st Gen S10 BLAZER-driversdoor.jpg  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:05 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Haha, Boss and Pyle, this thread is off to a great start.

While you can wire new speakers up in series (NOT in parallel though!), it will drop the power to both by at least half. I would suggest getting an amp, and one set of better speakers for the front. This will sound much better than 4 speakers just thrown in there on head unit power. Which brings us to the head unit. An amp only amplifies (imagine that ) the signal it gets from the head unit. So if the head unit is not very good, and doesn't send a good clean signal to the amp, the amp will just make the bad sounds already there more apparent.

A good head unit and a decent set of speakers with a decent amp will provide great sound. Usually far far better than 4 or 6 cheap speakers on an amp on a cheap head unit.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:56 AM
Beginning Member

yeah def. adding amp if i add more speakers .. thinking about adding a mini 2channel amp into the glovebox. and wiring down to door panels. something like the Rockford Fosgate PBR300

see if this is correct:

2 channel amp
4 speakers total - 2 left door panel - 2 right doorpan
wired in Series on each side.

2 channel right? or 4 channel, so each get a channel?
would be cool to do front most to :front: output.
and for the two on the rear half of door panel wired to :rear: output.
so there is a little bit of separation when adjusting fader.
also want too add a crossover.

lets get something straight - the boss headunit sounds better than you would imagine. their build quality is reasonable for the price, def beats the base model kenwood/alpine units.. I would say Boss headunits better than jensen. power aucoustic all the other cheapies - so dont knock it till u try it .. Head Unit. for speakers I have quality speakers nice 6x9 components and polk DB 4x6. basslink - all sounds good!!

but yeah i know what makes a sound system hum - mostly just wanted to see some door panel mods on 1st gen 2dr blazers..

Old 10-31-2013, 02:02 AM
Beginning Member

same is not true for boss speakers, would never touch one of those. their head units tho - cool features. affordable. i say they are a pass if you want mobile video and bluetooth for less than $400

Old 10-31-2013, 05:00 AM

Pyle actually makes great pro audio speakers. I should have known that was coming but those mids are definitely not bad. Considering I found them on one of twisteds videos.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:54 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Attached Thumbnails 6.5" in Door Panel 1st Gen S10 BLAZER-pods13.jpg  

Quick Reply: 6.5" in Door Panel 1st Gen S10 BLAZER