Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

89 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 03:18 AM
Beginning Member
Fat_Phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 89 Blazer

Ok, I am new to the fourms and just bought a 1989 s-10 blazer 2 door and I wanted to give it some bass I want to spend around $350 I already have a nice sony headunit and full pioneer midranges, so anyone with a good idea for sub/amp combo with my $350 range please help me out. Thanks in advance,
Phil

Old 04-06-2008, 10:38 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 04-06-2008, 11:11 AM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 89 Blazer

Thats a real good combo there from Bobditts. Before I suggest something, what is your overall goal with the subwoofer. Do you want as loud as you can be and take up as much room as needed? Or do you want accurate bass response in a smaller package?

Old 04-06-2008, 11:32 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

He said "some bass" so my interpretation was just enough bass to be noticed but not overbearing. That is why I recommended the products above

Old 04-06-2008, 01:50 PM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point

I would go with this setup:

FI Audio

Cadence

The daytons that bobditts mentioned are very nice, but i really dont like the hifonics.... I would go with this Cadence bridged for 600w, and spend the extra few bucks on this if you want to go with dayton. Dayton Titanik

There are alot of really good options out there for cheap, but you need to let us know what your looking for. FYI your system will always be as good as your mids and highs, so if you put a fantastik sub in a car with ****ty speakers, overall the system wont sound very good.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Beginning Member

Well here was the set up I was thinking about, I want it pretty loud

http://audiovideodimension.com/index...;stat=features

http://audiovideodimension.com/index...;stat=features

with some good wires of course.

P.S. I already have a Sony headunit I think its 52x4 and pioneer speakers that are in great shape.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:05 PM

I would really consider what has been suggested, if your smart..........

Old 04-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Beginning Member

What do you mean by that?

Old 04-06-2008, 05:12 PM

I didnt want to say it, but the stuff you listed is crap... anyone who knows car audio will steer you away from that stuff. Either of the two setups i listed will be just as "loud" as the kickers but sound accurate and musical. I have heard those kickers, and they suck. They are pretty loud though.... Trust me man just cause its "name" brand does not mean its good by any means.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:18 PM

I didnt want to say it, but the stuff you listed is crap... anyone who knows car audio will steer you away from that stuff. Either of the two setups i listed will be just as "loud" as the kickers but sound accurate and musical. I have heard those kickers, and they suck. They are pretty loud though.... Trust me man just cause its "name" brand does not mean its good by any means.

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

ORIGINAL: Fat_Phil

P.S. I already have a Sony headunit I think its 52x4 and pioneer speakers that are in great shape.
Oh... and those numbers you listed are peak w numbers and are essentially useless. Most head units put out about ~15w RMS. I have one of the highest output headunits availiable for the past couple of years... its a HIGH end panasonic and puts out 31w RMS. It has to have an external "mini" amp attached to do it too. This just gives you an idea. Those pioneers that you have are ok off the headunit becuase they are low end speakers, but step up to some components or higher end coaxials and you'll need an external amplifier (ie. 4channel)...

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please use the edit feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Thanks!