Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

89 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 89 Blazer

Why must EVERY freakin' thread that deals with OPINION on audio equipment boil down to inflamatory remarks, bickering, name calling and all of the rudeness that ensues? What is the deal?

Phil, do not take dbleon's comments the wrong way.

dbleon, please try to find a less inflammatory way of persuading someone to use your suggestions.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:25 PM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Why must EVERY freakin' thread that deals with OPINION on audio equipment boil down to inflamatory remarks, bickering, name calling and all of the rudeness that ensues? What is the deal?

Phil, do not take dbleon's comments the wrong way.

dbleon, please try to find a less inflammatory way of persuading someone to use your suggestions.
I apologize if I come off as rude. I first offered suggestions, then he asked why i told him to stick with what was suggested... I was just trying to help out an obvious rookie in the car audio world.

I could have said "ya those kickers and that kenwood amp are awsome"... but my experience tells me otherwise and i would not be contributing anything to this forum.

But if my advise is not appreciated, just let me know and i wont offer it.

My less inflammitory aproach: The items you have listed are actually of decent quality, however it would be to your advantage to take the advice you asked for and apply it when you make your decision. Have a great day!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I said nothing of not appreciating your advice, only of your approach. Yes, the "less inflammatory approach" is MUCH better and helps greatly in someone actually taking your advice! Thanks!!

Old 04-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Beginning Member
Fat_Phil is an unknown quantity at this point

I am grateful for everyones opinion, now that I know what my best buy would be, What box would you all recommend and wiring and whatever else is needed to make these subs working?

btw space really isn't a factor in this, if there is some better 12s in my price range let me know

Old 04-07-2008, 03:33 AM
theonetrueapex is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I'll go ahead and be the first to tell you. You will want to make your own box. A prefab box will sound okay, but you can build your own box to the specifications of the sub, customize it for your use, and in the end have a better quality product. Just be sure to use 3/4" mdf (medium density fiberboard) not plywood or particle board.

As for wires, you can buy a wire kit or get the wires and hardware from an audioshop. You will want to look at your amp to see the size recommended. Some popular brands are tsunami, stinger, monster and many more. Along with the power, ground, speaker and remote wires, you will need to buy some RCA cables. Some kits contain an RCA too. So just be sure you know that if yours doesn't, you can buy one seperately.

I am sure someone will think of something I missed but, I'll pass on the advice of search through the forums for ideas and tips. I know searching helped me when I was starting my project.

*edited the spacing for easier reading*

Old 04-07-2008, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Fat_Phil

I am grateful for everyones opinion, now that I know what my best buy would be, What box would you all recommend and wiring and whatever else is needed to make these subs working?

btw space really isn't a factor in this, if there is some better 12s in my price range let me know
What did you decide on? I cant really reccomend a box without knowing what subs are going in...

Old 04-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Beginning Member

Well if the 10s are better then the 12s I'll go with that, and will that amp be enough for both of those 10s or would I get two?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:22 PM

What subs? The kickers?

Old 04-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Beginning Member

You told me the 10s would be a better buy, I'd like to have 12s, but if the 10s are better let me know.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Administrator

I think he is asking more which brand/model you are considering. There were a few recommendations given.