Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

92 S10 Blazer Audio Advice

Old 03-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Beginning Member
RyanDrnk is on a distinguished road
Default 92 S10 Blazer Audio Advice

Ok so I just bought a 92 S10 Blazer (2D) today and Im a complete moron when it comes to putting audio systems together lol. So I figured I would ask here.. I listen to mainly rock/metal but also some old school hip hop. I want some bass and great vocals as well. I do not have any audio equipment yet because I wanted to do some searching before I started buying and putting it together. What do you guys recommend for an audio system.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:36 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

It all depends on your budget and what your looking for. Do you want subs, amps, door speakers and a headunit?

Old 03-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Beginning Member
dwhittaker is on a distinguished road

what sounds good in my blazer, took a lot of fabrication. to get the type r components in my doors wasn't an easy task. one word of advice just about anyone will agree with, don't buy a pioneer deck. haha.
i stick to alpine, jl, and rockford. they're safe, but pricey.
depends on what you are looking to spend, hell, if you don't care that much, go to best buy and get some xplod crap. it depends greatly on how much you care and budget.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Don't buy a pioneer. That ALL I've had and never had a problem! Not starting a debate but don't bring personal preference into another persons build. Pioneer have been around along time for a reason. Don't buy their cheap stuff is better answer. But that goes with ANY AND ALL audio.

Go to your local shop and see what they got, Test a few out and see whatcha like. Go through speakers, decks, subs and amps! You may find that (example) MTX has a bassier sound than infinity, or so on and so forth. Don't always go with a bassy speaker tho because if you are adding a sub, you speakers won't need to reproduce any bass.

Rear speakers are for the passengers back there so not a must right away. I have MB Quart Discus amps which I love, if you can find them buy em. They will put out the numbers all day. Discus was taken over buy the Onyx series which is not quite the quality but still higher than most store bought stuff.

As for the deck/head unit. find a few models you like and show us the specs. Good place to look is Crutchfield.com or Sonicelectronix.com

Don't blow all your money on the components of your build. Remember to get wire which will add up quickly!

Good luck, and keep the Q's coming!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the replies. I have a HU already installed. Previous owner had an audio system put in and left the HU when I bought it. (i will look up the specs on it in the morning) So I wont need that. I was thinking about getting two 12 inch subs to go in mine. My budget is about 600 bucks for now. As I keep saving It will go up slowly but surely.

If this helps with any advice I listen to mainly rock/metal but also a little old school hip hop. Im looking for some good bass with great vocals.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:12 AM

Can I suggest 10" subs then. I have dual MTX 10s and they hit hard and FAST! Not saying a 12 cant hit quick but with a budget at about $200 per sub (or less) you wont find a sub that will. Just because a sub is smaller, doesn't mean its quieter! One sub will definitely be clearer and make every beat of the drum noticeable and not prolonged. Plus it will give you a better budget for the sub and amp. Never settle for any equipment! If you can't afford the one you want, wait till you can. Its not worth listening to something you don't like!

Old 03-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Beginning Member

@Zedartwo I couldnt have said it better " Never settle for any equipment! If you can't afford the one you want, wait till you can. Its not worth listening to something you don't like! " I have not been against 10's at all I just had the opportunity to purchase 2 like new Kicker cvr 12's for 80 bucks. Which of course fell through, lol. What type of amp do you suggest getting for pushing either the 10's or 12's? Like I said Im a moron when it comes to this stuff. I would have my stepdad help me with this stuff but He was just deployed overseas.

As I mentioned in my previous post I would look up the HU in there and heres the link.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...rs/DEH-P6800MP

Old 03-08-2011, 05:54 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

Im going to suggest looking into Sundown Audio. Great entry level equipment. You want good bass? Look into 2 SA-8s. They will pound and beat out those 12" CVRs your looking at.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:54 AM

That head unit seems pretty decent! 3 sets of pre-outs and lots of expandability. I've never had experience with sundown but never heard anything bad about them either! Its really what fits your budget! Go on Ebay, Crutchfield or sonicelectronix and sort through your price range and throw some links up.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Beginning Member

Okay well I just bought an amp for 60 bucks. Seemed like a great buy. Like new and was only used for about a month. The guy said he was just switching over to all the same brand name stuff.
http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-VCT4120...uct/B0013VH526

Last edited by RyanDrnk; 03-09-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 92 S10 Blazer Audio Advice