Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Adding factory foglights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:32 PM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adding factory foglights?

I'd like to add the factory foglights to my '01 Jimmy, is this all I need?

-Both factoryheadlights (w/ integral foglamps)
-OEM Foglight switch

Is there anything else? Is is that easy to add?

Old 03-07-2007, 02:37 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Adding factory foglights?

With a GMC it will be easier than with my 2000 Blazer, if your wiring harnes has the fog light wires then all you would need is the headlights with the integeral fogs. With the Chevy they're seperate with the turns and need extra wiring...I was going to use them as DRL's and take that load off my high beam elements...but they are a little hard to find in the salvage yards and are a little more than I want to pay on E-bay (if you can find them).

Old 03-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Starting Member
Jimmysls98 is an unknown quantity at this point

i also was thinkin bout doin that to my 98 jimmy is the summer

Old 03-07-2007, 04:29 PM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough

I'd love to have fog lights....but the trouble is there's nowhere to mount them up! Unless I wanted some big giant lights on the top....but that's just a BIT too redneck for me. I suppose living where I do I should try to fit the part. What is it they say....when in Tennessee do as the rednecks do? LOL

Old 03-07-2007, 06:09 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: BobTheBlazer

I'd love to have fog lights....but the trouble is there's nowhere to mount them up! Unless I wanted some big giant lights on the top....but that's just a BIT too redneck for me. I suppose living where I do I should try to fit the part. What is it they say....when in Tennessee do as the rednecks do? LOL
Actually BobThe Blazer if your avatar represents yourcurrent ride then there a couple of ways to mount them.
1. Drill holes in the aluminum top of the bumper at the outer edge of the grille.
2. Find some holes on the bottom side of the aluminum bumper and mount them there, remember that if you are using rectangular lights that the lenses may have to be flipped in the case so as not to shine into oncoming traffic...
3. Buy some of the eliptical fog lights they will have brackets to mount them to either top or bottom of bumper (prefered is bottom for fog lights, you don't want them to glare you in the face so the under bumper is best).
4. You could find some old CB antenna "trunk" mounting hardware and slip them on the lower bumper..