Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

adding a tv tuner to a flip up

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 09:16 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road
Default adding a tv tuner to a flip up

i saw there were add ons you could put on to touchscreen headunits, has anyone done this? if so what brand did you use and how long did install take?

Old 09-12-2013, 08:16 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

I believe tv tuners are out dated as there is really no such thing as an analog signal any more. Perhaps someone could verify.

But I am a fan of Pioneer decks. Great products. I actually just installed a single din in my corolla lol

Old 09-12-2013, 09:41 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

unless you are able to get a digital tv tuner, it would be worthless, like jagblazer said, there is no analog signals anymore.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by jagblazer01
I believe tv tuners are out dated as there is really no such thing as an analog signal any more. Perhaps someone could verify.

But I am a fan of Pioneer decks. Great products. I actually just installed a single din in my corolla lol
I do remember when they outdated the rabbit ears lol. Apparently instead of analog they went to digital. We have a TV on our boat with a built in digital tuner and its never been clearer lol. Yea I gotta agree I put my girls pioneer double din touchscreen in...if only my jimmy supported doubled din lol .

Old 09-12-2013, 10:23 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by er0ck273
I do remember when they outdated the rabbit ears lol. Apparently instead of analog they went to digital. We have a TV on our boat with a built in digital tuner and its never been clearer lol. Yea I gotta agree I put my girls pioneer double din touchscreen in...if only my jimmy supported doubled din lol .
you can get a double din in your jimmy....
as for the digital being more clear, that I can agree with... the fact that when the signal is weak, which it is, quite often... it gets digitized... which is far more annoying then a bit of static that came with the analog, this way you miss stuff, other way you did not.. oh well, Times be a changing.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:38 AM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

they make digital tuners for automobiles...but they are expensive

Old 09-14-2013, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by richphotos
you can get a double din in your jimmy....
as for the digital being more clear, that I can agree with... the fact that when the signal is weak, which it is, quite often... it gets digitized... which is far more annoying then a bit of static that came with the analog, this way you miss stuff, other way you did not.. oh well, Times be a changing.
without fabrication? or would i have to cut a 1/2 inch off the bottom? i just figured by the time i bought the 2din dash (in tan which i cant find in any junk yards lol) and the new player it wasnt worth it...although i really like the pioneer touch screens

Old 09-15-2013, 01:30 AM
BF Veteran

it dos no take much at all, there are quite a few threads on here, and s10 forum on how to do it. I would search them and find them for you right now, but I am pretttyy intoxicated. I will check this tomorrow and find the threads for that. but I know it can be done fairly easy.
*edit*

Here is a thread i found from Blazer Forum
https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-...ard-all-56782/

This should help ya out, its pretty easy.
Good luck

Last edited by richphotos; 09-15-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by richphotos
it dos no take much at all, there are quite a few threads on here, and s10 forum on how to do it. I would search them and find them for you right now, but I am pretttyy intoxicated. I will check this tomorrow and find the threads for that. but I know it can be done fairly easy.
*edit*

Here is a thread i found from Blazer Forum
https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-...ard-all-56782/

This should help ya out, its pretty easy.
Good luck
i found a few bezels online ...150ish ...what ill do is if i can find one cheap or at a junk yard ill go ahead and try it. i have found dd with built in tv tuners, i might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone lol.

thank you everyone for input