Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

alarms

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default alarms

OK, so this is not for me, but for my gf's Jeep. Twice in the last 2 weeks her Jeep has been broken into. The first time the doors we unlocked and all the took was the battery...nothing else was taken. This past Saturday evening, they ripped into her soft top and stole her stereo, sound bar, speakers, CD's...you name it. They tore her dash apart to get the stereo even...[:@]

So, she's getting hood locks (since Jeeps just have those hood latches that don't lock) to prevent the battery disappearing again, but as for the inside stuff...we need an alarm. The motion sensor ones are just WAY too sensitive, so does anyone know of anything good that we can get her that will do the trick? It can't just be one that goes off if you open the door, because you can get into Jeeps without opening up the front door, you know? Any suggestions are appreciated. I've never bothered with alarms because teh last car I had was a Volvo and who steals Volvos?

The funny thing is about both break ins is that both times my Blazer was parked right beside her and it wasn't even touched. Stereo still there, everything.

Old 05-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Administrator
Patrick has disabled reputation
Default RE: alarms

its because someone cant cut through the roof of your blazer with a box cutter.

my girlfriend has a motion detector on her truck, if i start my car and rev the engine it goes off...if someone with a loud system goes by, it goes off...and while that is a pain, it doesnt get broken into.

there was a guy on CourTV who lived in an apartment complex and the same people kept breaking into his benz, just damaging stuff, and while they got finger prints, he couldnt do anything about it, so he wired his alarm to an electronic fuse trigger in the gas tank and the next time the same kids broke in....the EMTs were scraping pieces of them off of other cars and the building. he is now serving time.

Old 05-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: Patrick

its because someone cant cut through the roof of your blazer with a box cutter.
Both times my truck was unlocked and the faceplate still attached, plus my toolbox was in the back. If they wanted in, they could have gotten in, they obviously didn't even try.

ORIGINAL: Patrick

if i start my car and rev the engine it goes off...if someone with a loud system goes by, it goes off...

That's the whole reason why we don't want a motion sensor one...does anyone have any suggestions about any other products?

Old 06-01-2005, 01:10 PM
thequeen is an unknown quantity at this point

well I have the pager alarm on my blazer. It is the Viper 791 XV. The remote is a 2-way pager and if anybody touches your car the remote will go off and let you know exactly what spot was touched. My alarm also comes with a remote starter and when you start your car it actually shows you that your car is on. You can look into that. I do not know how much it costs because I got mines for free.

Old 06-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Thanks. I think that I will look into that. I was researching a littl ebit yesterday and those sound good. Insurance will be paying for it as well because in order to make it worthwhile for a claim, we had to say we lost more. How stupid is it that the stuff inside the Jeep isn't covered by car insurance, but our CONTENT insurance for our house does? They both have a $500 deductible, so since we were in the middle of moving, we said we had some boxes in the jeep still that were taken as well. I know, I know, it's fraud, but so is what the insurance companies tell us!