Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Alarms... I need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:21 PM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alarms... I need suggestions

I really have no experience with alarm systems so just doing some browsing, these 2 have all the functions, an in the price range I'm looking for:

DEI

Scytek

What do you all think? I'm open to all suggestion that are similar in both price and function.

Thanks

Old 04-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Alarms... I need suggestions

This is what I have, also where I bought mine from. I need to order a second soon for my blazer as well. No complaints here, seems to work fine for me.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:43 PM

Does that have the lcd remote thingy?

Old 04-04-2008, 01:30 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

THIS is the same one Jason suggested. I will be buying it sometime within the next few weeks. It is likely the same thing as the Clifford one you linked to. DEI makes a ton of the brands out there. www.directed.com

Old 04-04-2008, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the link... how much do shops typically charge to install?

Old 04-04-2008, 03:13 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: dbleon

The shops around here all charge about $200-250 for the install. However, a lot of them won't install an alarm that they don't sell. One shop I went to said they wouldn't install it because they had never heard of the brand (Viper) even though they sell just about every other brand by DEI. Most of them want ~$500 foran alarm and the installation.

The only thing that's holding me back from buying it now is my fear of screwing up something in my truck. I have found a few sites that have a lot of wiring info and have recieved some tips and advice from Pat (hillbillyinohio)

It might be worth it to check out local shops and see what kind of packaged deals they might have. Another plus is, a lot of shops offer guarantees and lifetime warranties

Old 04-04-2008, 04:23 PM

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

ORIGINAL: dbleon

The shops around here all charge about $200-250 for the install. However, a lot of them won't install an alarm that they don't sell. One shop I went to said they wouldn't install it because they had never heard of the brand (Viper) even though they sell just about every other brand by DEI. Most of them want ~$500 foran alarm and the installation.

The only thing that's holding me back from buying it now is my fear of screwing up something in my truck. I have found a few sites that have a lot of wiring info and have recieved some tips and advice from Pat (hillbillyinohio)

It might be worth it to check out local shops and see what kind of packaged deals they might have. Another plus is, a lot of shops offer guarantees and lifetime warranties

Ya there is a shop here that has lifetime garuntee... I just dont want to get ripped off, and I like to do the work myself, but right now my time is more valuable then my money.

Given, i buy one from a shop, what are the good brands and the bad?

Thanks

Old 04-04-2008, 04:23 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

anything made by dei is a quality product. this includes clifford, python and viper.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:00 PM

k thanks guys...

Old 04-04-2008, 06:10 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

If you havent had experience installing an alarm before then I would suggest against it. Alot of crucial wires to the vehicle will be messed with.

Good thing about Directed stuff is if the brain fry's you can just swap another DEI brain in there and its set.

Quick Reply: Alarms... I need suggestions