Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Alarms... I need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:07 PM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Alarms... I need suggestions

Ya i dont think im gonna mess with it... just need to get it done since i have alot of time and money into my system.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:25 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Alarms... I need suggestions

Friday night, my truck was broken into. Theif smashed the window and ripped the top of the dash off trying to get the headunit out. Obviously a rookie-theif because they didn't even see the amps and sub and the fact that they tried to pry off the little plastic trim around the headunits faceplate. (it can just pop right off with bare hands) and didn't even take off the faceplate. The scary thing about it was the little tools that come with the faceplate to take it out were sitting in the center console under the armrest. Also, at night, I usually throw a black towel over my sub to make it even harder to see. That night,I had forgotten to throw the towel over it so it was pretty visible.

I thought it was pretty strange that they didnt take ANYTHING. The window cost $149 and the guy even came to my house and installed it in like 20 minutes.

After that, I immediately ordered an alarm I'm waiting very impatiently for it to show up.

Here is a pic my dad took while I was at work.

I have been a little overly paranoid lately. I have been bringing my headunit inside with me. (not just the faceplate, the ENTIRE thing) I disconnected ALL interior lights (except dash lights) so nothing lights up inside the truck.

Good luck on getting an alarm soon. I wouldn't want this to ever happen to anyone. It's a very strange feeling walking out and seeing glass everywhere.