Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   alpine mrp-m350 enough for... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/alpine-mrp-m350-enough-15040/)

bobditts 12-06-2007 12:01 PM

RE: alpine mrp-m350 enough for...

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

i kinda thought underrated (in pretty much any context) meant: better than they say. in the world of amps and woofers i take it to mean: more power than they say
you are correct

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

I guess you could look at it that way..... But some companies over rate by 50 watts, others by.....alot more. there are lots of variables when testing amps.
you mean under-rate? the companies that overrate are those like audibahn and lightning audio. Good companies such as alpine and focal design the amp and give the power rating. That is what shows up on the manual. Before each amp is shipped, they are tested in a test bed with a load and measured for their actual contiuous power. That is what appears on the birth sheet. All testing is done the same. the thing that most likely underrates good companies amps is the fact that they use quality components while constructing their amps which allow better power flow and output.

ORIGINAL: AtreyuManiac

So is the mrp-m450 enough?

cause theres one on ebay but it doesnt include a manual, 2 end caps, and hi-level input harness what are all those...besides the manual and can i get them easily for cheap? if the amp is good enough then thats great. im not looking to completely fine tune it as this is my first car and i plan to purchase a different one later on and then put all my time and effort into it now im looking for something that will get the job done and if its the 450 and the type r GREAT

Will it work, yes. Optimally - no. Its a great place to start and it allows you to easily upgrade later. Just dont expect more than you should. As someone mentioned earlier, the gain is not a volume knob so dont try to compensate for a possible lack of volume. If you want more output, try designing a better enclosure.

the hi-level input harness is an optional line level converter built into the amp. If you dont plan on using RCAs to receive the signal, you must use the hi-level harness. If you plan on using RCAs, dont worry about it. The end caps are trim pieces to make the amp look prettier. Not necessary but helpfull. Not sure where you would buy them seperately.

blazinloud 12-06-2007 12:11 PM

ummm, depends what voltage they're tested at too.......most are tested at 14.4.....some much lower.

my sundown is rated 1500@12.8volts

all testing is not done the same. thats why they implemented the cea style.

bobditts 12-06-2007 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

ummm, depends what voltage they're tested at too.......most are tested at 14.4.....some much lower.

my sundown is rated 1500@12.8volts

all testing is not done the same. thats why they implemented the cea style.

true. it is always specified on the birth sheet though. Oh, soemthing else I forgot to mention blazinloud, the specs you posted earlier you obtained from another site - those are not the rated numbers. Just because that is what that particular person tested the amp in his possession at, doesnt mean yours will produce the same numbers. Each amp is different. I still highly doubt that the comp[any who makes that amp publicly stated that the amp will handle a short burp producing .35 ohm nominal = 2245 watts. You see what im trying to say?

blazinloud 12-06-2007 02:21 PM

I ended up getting a brand new amp.....and it did not come with a birth sheet.

that is the man who designed, and built it, what other confirmation do you need?

the results would still be very very close.

and how would bench testing it be anymore accurate? thats as far from a real world situation then anything......do they compensate for box rise? dcr per coil, etc.

the 3000d did 3200@1.33ohm@10.75volts. that was in house testing done at sundown audio done by the owner himself.

and that was an ACTUAL ohm load.

imo, sundown took an extra 3 steps when rating their amps.

not to mention the 1500d can be ran all the way up to 17 or 18 volts, which also, is not in their ratings.