Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Amp Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:55 PM
ejhn12341 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Amp Install

I am looking for suggestions as to the easiest place to get through the firewall with the power wire for an amp? I have a 2001 2 dr 4wd Blazer.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:52 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Amp Install

if its like my old 97 on the passanger side you pul up the carpet and there is a hole. you can wire it threw there or drill a hole and put a rubber gromet.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:11 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 98 2-door 4x4. there was no where to run it in mine. so i drilled a hole in the passenger floor by the kick panel, then ran it through there and back under the trim. it was a pain. you could also run it through some PVC pipe then run that through the frame, then go up through the rear wheel well.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:02 PM
ThisSideUp is an unknown quantity at this point

A couple suggestions...

1. SHould be a hole on passenger side underneath carpet. Its kinda hard to get to(remove the kick panel, careful of the computer there). Run it through there and its even on the battery side.

2. If theres not a hole.... make one! it work. If you have a dremel use one of the polishing(it looks like rounded sandpaper) bits and clean up the hole.

3. Seal this hold with silicone, its cheap and easy and keeps rain out.

4. Keep the wire away from the exhaust manifold..... found this out the hard way....

Good luck

jared

Old 07-09-2005, 01:50 AM
boochster is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wired in my 2002 Blazer for an amp; if you pull back the carpet on the passenger side, there is already a grommet there. Pull the grommet out, into the car, and spray it with silicone, as well as the end of the power wire you want to feed into the engine compartment.

This grommet is already being used for the antenna wire; just push a small pair of pliers or a screwdriver next to the antenna wire to make room, then start feeding the power wire through this hole. Keep spraying it with WD-40 or similar silicone lubricant, and it will slide right through.

Once the wire is in the enging compartment, it is going to be coming out from underneath the blower box from the air conditioner; you can see it from under the car. Feed a straightened clothes hanger down from the top, next to the antenna wire, and then attach the power wire to the 'snake' and pull it back up to the top of the engine compartment.

Run in an existing harness to the battery, and make sure you use a fuse at the battery, to prevent shorting out if the power wire chafes through.

Hope this helps; it's really pretty easy. I used this same grommet for a VSS and temperature wire for when I mounted my overhead console / compass as well.