Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

amp placement

Old 02-08-2006, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default amp placement

I was wondering where you all hide your amps, i dont really want it in sight

Old 02-08-2006, 04:04 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: amp placement

what i do is i screw them to the box, then i turn on their cloaking mechanism...lol. nah, my amps are too big to hide. well, my merlin is screwed to the back of my box, which is up against the rear seats, so u can only see the top of the amp. my orion however, is out in the open. just get tinted windows (if you dont already have them) and an alarm.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:06 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

Mine are screwed on top of my sealed box. I have rubber grommets (spacers, washers whatever,) between the amp and box. I ran the wires down one side for a cleaner look.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:32 PM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah mounting them on the box is the way to go

Old 02-08-2006, 07:14 PM

well its best to mount them somewhere else, because the vibration can rattle stuff loose sometimes, and its harder to steal if its mounted somewhere else.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:23 AM
djbass_mekanik is an unknown quantity at this point

actually mounting the amps on the box is not a good idea.. worst case scenerio, u get broken into, theives take easiest thing, the box.. and if theyr lucky, tha amp is screwd to the box... i used to do my installs that way.. so anywhere else besides the box would be better

Old 02-09-2006, 11:55 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

If you really want a cool mounting place in a blazer. If you have your spare tire in the back of your truck. Take the tire off and mount the Amp on the spare tire rack. Im currently trying to do that. Doing that also will help disapate the heat of the amp.

Old 02-10-2006, 12:08 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

actually mounting the amps on the box is not a good idea.. worst case scenerio, u get broken into, thieves take easiest thing, the box.. and if they're lucky, the amp is screwed to the box... i used to do my installs that way.. so anywhere else besides the box would be better
That is very true. I used 4 angle irons to anchor mine down and put JB weld on some of the screw holes. Kinda overkill but it'll deter a ****** 'N run. The screws will have to be drilled out if I want it moved.

Old 02-10-2006, 06:35 AM

ORIGINAL: XBlazer01

If you really want a cool mounting place in a blazer. If you have your spare tire in the back of your truck. Take the tire off and mount the Amp on the spare tire rack. Im currently trying to do that. Doing that also will help disapate the heat of the amp.
yes, i did this actually. it was pretty sweet. i cut a board to fit the rack, drilled holes, and bolted it on. then i drilled holes for the wires and mounted my amp and 2 caps. i got a pic, but i my server isnt working right. oh well. its kindof a bit of work to do and make it look nice, but its pretty decent when its all done.

Old 02-10-2006, 01:06 PM
black19 is an unknown quantity at this point

How about a place where the amp could be mounted that would be out of sight? More importantly, a place that would not be in the way should you need to actually use the extra cargo space? Thats my biggest problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: amp placement