Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

amp placement

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 02:02 AM
audiophyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: amp placement

Thank you for making the corrections...it was bothering me as well!!!

Old 02-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking around in my 03 two door for just such a place yesterday. The best i came up with was behind the drivers seat. I would put one there, and build a little wooden box that i would cover in black carpet (like my truck) and i could just put that over it if i needed to, but i would leave it open unless i park somewhere shady, or i have somebody ride back there. The only thing is, i don't think you would be able to fold the seat down. This would be a hell of a spot for a number of reasons, the center console is right there, so i could probably run the wires right into it, and there are a few seatbelt mounts right there, in front and back of it making for a good ground spot.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:45 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Canadian88

I was looking around in my 03 two door for just such a place yesterday. The best i came up with was behind the drivers seat. I would put one there, and build a little wooden box that i would cover in black carpet (like my truck) and i could just put that over it if i needed to, but i would leave it open unless i park somewhere shady, or i have somebody ride back there. The only thing is, i don't think you would be able to fold the seat down. This would be a hell of a spot for a number of reasons, the center console is right there, so i could probably run the wires right into it, and there are a few seatbelt mounts right there, in front and back of it making for a good ground spot.
seat belt bolts are horrible grounds

Old 02-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I mis-spoke, i meant to say seat mounts. Are those any better?

Old 02-23-2006, 09:42 PM
audiophyl is an unknown quantity at this point

I would make your own ground whenever possible, as opposed to using an existing bolt. Personally, I like to drill a hole into the metal, grind off the metal on both sides and insert a bolt through the metal of the vehicle. This way, you get a solid ground and a good place to ground all of your electronics, such as the headunit, amps, processors, etc.. to help eliminate the possibility of a ground loop. Just be sure that you protect the bolt under the vehicle as you don't want it to rust.

Hope this helps!!!