Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

amp problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 05:43 PM
kankoon52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default amp problems

ok so i hooked up my amp and im pretty damn sure i did it right. i hooked it up to the battery and i have checked it with a volt meter and its getting power. the fuses are good in the amp. i connected the two plugs into the back of my alpine deck where it said sbw which im guessing is for the subwoofer because the only other audio jacks said front left right and rear left right. anyone got any ideas? the amp is a 600 watt 2 channel orion.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: amp problems

Do you have your remote lead hooked up? It'll be a wire that goes from the back of the deck which should say remote (usually blue). Run a wire from that to the REM on the amp. That tells the amp to turn on when the deck is turned on.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:49 PM

is this a single wire?i have the 2 rca style wires going from the deck to the amp but no sinlge sire. maybe this is my problem can you eplain a little more? where should it hook up on my deck i didnt see anywhere that looked like a hookup for anything but rca cables or if you wire into the wiring harness

Old 07-29-2007, 07:56 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

On the back your your deck on the wire harnessthere will be a wire marked remote. Essestially its like the ignition wire to your truck only this one instead of working with the key puts out signal with the deck is on. Its just a 12V+ signal. What you would need to do is run a single wire (its pretty small gauge, like speaker wire or whatnot) off that to your amp.There shouldbe a spot marked remote or rem or signal somewhere on your amp. It should just be just one post. Run this line to that post and you should be golden.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:08 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The remote connection on the amp should be between the positive and the negative terminals...

Old 07-29-2007, 08:50 PM

alright i did this and its still not working.. i dont get why it wont work!

Old 07-29-2007, 09:24 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well what you can do to make sure the amp works is you can jump a line from the positive feed to the remote line (after disconnecting the one that runs from the head unit) and see if the amp powers on. If not then you got problems with a ground, your positive or your amp itself.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

where is your ground wire?? nice clean no paint for that connection. Then you run the line to your battery. make sure the fuse is not blown, and all the way into the fuse holder.
Then, you have a set of RCA's from the radio to the amp, and a 18 gauge wire, running from the remote lead(or power antenna wire on back of the alpne radio, to the smaller terminal on the amplifier. that tells the amp to turn on when you turn on your radio.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:04 AM

alright i hooked up my remote wire and stillnothing. the ground is just going to the cable bolt on my tailgate right now just temporary until i can get the system to actually work. could that be my problem?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:38 AM
eshballa5 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah that could be your problem. you need to find a place that is direct metal to metal. scrap away any paint that could be there. sometimes under the rear seat works well or where ther is a large seatbelt bolt. it just sounds like you have a bad ground

Quick Reply: amp problems