Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Any expirienced enclosure designers in here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Starting Member
ExplicitYourSelf is on a distinguished road
Default Any expirienced enclosure designers in here?

i have a 12" l7 Kicker and i want to get a enclosure made, but i'd like to know if a a expirienced enclosure designer can help me out on designing me a enclosure that will play various of types of music nice an loud with out sacrificing sound quality. I have a kicker zx1000.1d so i'll have a lil extra power to play with. feedback would be great thanks =)

Old 08-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Starting Member
NT_Hardcore is on a distinguished road

what are your goals with this system? what kind of music do you listen to? what imp. is the sub?

Old 08-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Starting Member

I'd like a flatish curve so i can be able to listen to various genres I'd like it to be as loud as i can without sacrificing sound quality. i was thinking of f going sealed, but i was told that if i build a ported enclosure i can get the same sound quality as if was sealed or even better and that it'd be louder. I know i dont have a sq oriented subwoofer, but i've heard it's all in the install and have seen sq compititors use these woofers so i know it's possible to get something out of them since i already have the woofer. The woofer is a 12" L7 4 ohm dvc and plan to wire it in parallel to get a 2 ohm load so my zx1000.1d(2ohm stable) can power it if i do end up going ported arrow ports would be nice since that'd keep the enclosure smaller than a slot port. thanks. p.s. i mainly listen to hip hop, Trance and R & b. thanks again.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Starting Member
NT_Hardcore is on a distinguished road

i dont have much exp. with kicker subs. if you want some help with design i can give u a hand. how much room are you willing to use up? not that you need a lot, but its good to kno boundries. your giving it good power so a huge box wont be needed. i think with a simple ported box (im not a huge aero fan but it doesnt matter) lil less port area and tune around 30hz it should slam. any interest in going with a bandpass like a 4th order?

Old 08-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Starting Member

I have no exp. on building enclosure and all i know of the 4th order order enclosures is that it's like a sealed enclosure inside a ported enclosure, but never heard a 4th order perform. as far as dimensions i'm not willing to give up too much my current enclosure is has a slot port and is 25w x18D x18H and if my future enclosure can be smaller than that that'd be great.