Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Anyone have an aftermarket security system on their blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 03:59 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road
Cool Anyone have an aftermarket security system on their blazer?

Does anyone have a security system for their blazer?
How well does it work?
Was it expensive?

Old 11-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

I have crime-stoppers security alarm system. It covers the 4 doors the hatch and hood. So if any of them are opened when the alarm is on it goes off. Also it has remote start so i can turn it on without disabling the alarm. It has different sensitivity you can adjust to your liking i had mine on high sensitivity and even with a little rain it went off.....so i set it in medium so if a window is broken on someone tries to open the locks it sets off the alarm. It wasn't expensive the alarm was $150 new and installation was $80 with a friend of mine. so around $230-250 total.
Originally Posted by gatorboy44
Does anyone have a security system for their blazer?
How well does it work?
Was it expensive?

Old 11-10-2011, 10:18 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

autopage on mine and its awesome. was like $150 online from a dealerand then 200$ installed. remote start, lcd screen temp sensor (setting tohave auto turn on and warm up so it doesnt get so cole or so hot) all sorts of things...

Old 11-11-2011, 07:33 AM

Remote start? Now that sounds cool!

Old 11-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Starting Member
killallblue is on a distinguished road

dei or compustar only way to go pick up a dei full 2 way with remote start 200 put it in if ur good with a dmm are trucks are easy to do takes 40 mins at most and dei are viper avital brands like that go to there page u will need the bypass

Old 11-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

I'm running a Viper Responder 350 with Remote Start option. It's a two-way - with trunk/hatch release and vivid LCD screen.

Blazer/S10s are super easy to get into from what I have seen. A screw driver under the key interface will open the door locked or not. The guy showed me the marks on mine and stated that it had been into more times than I thought.

I went with a two-way and the siren clipped so it doesn't sound like a typical car alarm siren - I highly recommend that!

I had the remote start box already installed(DEI as well) and they integrated everything to work together with the Viper Remote.

$129 for the system and $125 install.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Starting Member
killallblue is on a distinguished road

no need to pull the colum apart unless ur trying to hide wire and if ur good u can do it anyways with out it under my dash looks 100 percent factory and spend some money and get the viper 5901 its woth it

Old 11-12-2011, 07:35 AM

Yeah blazers are super easy to get into, I'll look into a system!

Old 11-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Starting Member

I also have different locks i dont use my key because i don't have the locks there anymore and i only use my key to unlock the steering wheel
Originally Posted by gatorboy44
Yeah blazers are super easy to get into, I'll look into a system!

Old 11-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Starting Member

I think that what ever alarm you get is great it will help but make sure if its a 4 door or 2 door that you get one with enough sensors for each door. Remote start works great because now my key is mostly useless. What you could also do get a kill switch, mounted on a secure location that only you know where it is. But It don't make no difference if you get a 80$ alarm or a $3000 one. They can all be shut down from outside the car. I know the technique. Also remember this there always be ways to get around the alarms.

Quick Reply: Anyone have an aftermarket security system on their blazer?