Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Anyone have an aftermarket security system on their blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 06:31 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Lol of course, just like anything can be hotwired

Old 11-13-2011, 03:54 AM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

exactly....im thinking of putting a camera so if anyone were to get in at least ill have evidence you know.
Originally Posted by gatorboy44
Lol of course, just like anything can be hotwired

Old 11-13-2011, 08:19 AM

Yeah you could, it'd be a pain though.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:21 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road

My truck has an aftermarket system that uses the factory remotes that also has a starter kill. No idea what the brand is, but it also flashes the park lights and I think that Passlock is bypassed since I have never had problems with it. There is a siren under the hood with the wiring put into the main wiring harness. There is some "extra" wiring near the floor vent on the driver side and it isn't wired to the ignition key harness because I had to replace the multifunction lever and I had no extra wiring to deal with. I would love to put a better system in with a remote start, but I am concerned about this system making that difficult and also being able to get additional remotes. I got 3 remotes and I carry 2 of them so I don't get stranded because of the starter kill that automatically activates when the alarm is.

This truck was originally from NYC, so I could imagine why the previous owner had it put in. I think the rear right window has been replaced, meaning it was broken into at some point.

Last edited by ComputerNerdBD; 11-13-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

The Responder series has a starter kill already.

It is also triggered off of the sentry lighting. As soon as you pull up on the handle to look inside it goes into full alarm mode. Bump the car and it goes into warn mode. Hit the car and it goes into full alarm mode.

It was also pointed out that because of my Blazer having a lot of clearance around the engine/tire well area to see the battery cable on the starter solonoid. That being said, the installer ran the wire for the brain right off the auxillary terminal on my yellow top Optima battery and covered it in sleeving. Even if the cut the battery cable at the solonoid, the alarm shock sensor and siren will still function.

You have to think about the installation and do not cut corneres.

Last edited by Bigringtravis; 11-13-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:30 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bigringtravis
The Responder series has a starter kill already.

It is also triggered off of the sentry lighting. As soon as you pull up on the handle to look inside it goes into full alarm mode. Bump the car and it goes into warn mode. Hit the car and it goes into full alarm mode.

It was also pointed out that because of my Blazer having a lot of clearance around the engine/tire well area to see the battery cable on the starter solonoid. That being said, the installer ran the wire for the brain right off the auxillary terminal on my yellow top Optima battery and covered it in sleeving. Even if the cut the battery cable at the solonoid, the alarm shock sensor and siren will still function.

You have to think about the installation anddo not cut corneres.
How does the start kill work anyway? Does it just block the start voltage from the key?

Yea mine does that too. I have too many idiot friends who like to set it off by pulling the door handles.

Nice. The alarm has a battery backup? Must be a good system.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:15 PM

I just need to save and buy a system, when I bought the jimmy I wanted to see how hard it'd be to get into if I locked my keys in it, took me 3 minutes to get the door unlocked(without breaking nothing) so it'd be that easy on any s-series vehicle.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:23 PM
Starting Member
blue_zr2 is on a distinguished road

i have autopage rs727 on both my blazers and my work van..
keyless entry, remote start, 2way paging.. has it all...and works great

Old 11-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

Yea its easy took me about the same to mine although with my alarm still takes me about 15 min to break in but not all people know how. Anyways, here is the website
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i133_car-alarms.html
Check it out it has different kind of alarms and audio its a great site and usually low prices check them all out and see which one you like and goes along with your budget. I also recommend getting one with a speaker in the control so even if your inside a store you'll be able to hear the alarm from your key chain.

Originally Posted by gatorboy44
I just need to save and buy a system, when I bought the jimmy I wanted to see how hard it'd be to get into if I locked my keys in it, took me 3 minutes to get the door unlocked(without breaking nothing) so it'd be that easy on any s-series vehicle.

Last edited by Blazer51; 11-14-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Blazer51
Yea its easy took me about the same to mine although with my alarm still takes me about 15 min to break in but not all people know how. Anyways, here is the website
Car Alarms | Car Alarm Systems | Cheap Car Security Alarms
Check it out it has different kind of alarms and audio its a great site and usually low prices check them all out and see which one you like and goes along with your budget. I also recommend getting one with a speaker in the control so even if your inside a store you'll be able to hear the alarm from your key chain.
Well if you have a speaker on the keychain can you shut it off, what if you are in a movie or something?

Quick Reply: Anyone have an aftermarket security system on their blazer?