Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Anyone try stealth boxes?

Old 02-27-2011, 12:00 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

shallow subs dont seem to be worth the space. I think 1 badass 8 would be better in like 1 cube with 1500 watts

Old 02-27-2011, 06:15 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

1 cubic foot, for a 8? that's an awful lot.

my 12W6's only needed 1.25 in a sealed enclosure. the 8's i have, need something like .4 or .5 cubes.

the only big benifit of shallow subs is for really tight spaces, like the rear doors of my 'Burb. i have 10 that'll fit in the door with tons of room around them, but i couldn't fold down the middle seat if i put them in, since the seatback is sits pretty much flush with the door panel. so i have no choice but to buld an enclosure for a shallow sub there.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:23 PM
kinter614 is on a distinguished road

maybe someone could design a box to fit in the side storage in the back of a 2dr blazer or somethin like that

Old 02-28-2011, 08:29 AM
BF Veteran

"badass 8's" also have huuge motors, and i just guestimated obviously

if I ever have space issues, like a reg. cab truck I think I would buy something like the Focal K2's and run them on a few hundred watts those things slam so hard lol

Old 02-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Beginning Member
nickyb123 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kinter614
maybe someone could design a box to fit in the side storage in the back of a 2dr blazer or somethin like that
I did something similar to that... although it turned out to be a little bigger than I originally intended.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/custom-10-box-2001-2-dr-55349/

Old 02-28-2011, 03:58 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

you can get a really nice 8 from Sundown Audio for $100 for 200 wrms (can take more) and the SA series for $150 400wrms (can take abuse) both of which only need a .5 foot ported box or .3 sealed. look into them, great customer service and great products

Old 02-28-2011, 09:23 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kinter614

someone already has, way before nicky did.

nice fiberglass box, did a little write up on his box build.

Originally Posted by blazinloud
"
if I ever have space issues, like a reg. cab truck I think I would buy something like the Focal K2's and run them on a few hundred watts those things slam so hard lol
those are nice subs, very tight.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:30 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blazinloud
"badass 8's" also have huuge motors, and i just guestimated obviously

didn't know they still made 8s in the K2. would be one clean (expensive but worth) system

Old 03-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Beginning Member
dwhittaker is on a distinguished road

i have a friend that fit 4 sundown audio sa-8s in the back of a jeep rangler behind the seats you could do that. subs up, port out. the box was tall and skinny, it worked great.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:47 AM
BF Veteran

the new 8 sundown is working on, the motor is almost as big as the nightshades! hes comparing them to the almighty JL w7 for like half the cost

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone try stealth boxes?