Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Audio Noob

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:57 PM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Audio Noob

Dude if you dont want to mess with wires/amp, just buy a pair of good coaxials and run them off the HU DONE... Then if you want to add a sub down the line let me know and ill help you with the wiring on that. Its really easy once you do it... you'll suprise yourself.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:44 PM
MVPalmer271 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Dan the diagram puts this in a lot better perspective for me I understand it now. I may just get a good pair of coaxials now and just add an amp+sub later this spring or possibly early summer. Ill probably need help though. Thanks
I think I'm kinda know which speakers I want but if anyone has had good expirences with a certain model please let me know.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:05 AM

What are you leaning towards???

Old 05-05-2008, 10:39 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

not poor info...just passing the word which everyone else suggests. using the a pillar still leaves you with the same problem. your telling us the a pillar isnt above the dash!?! how are the highs distorted by the windshield? lol mine sounded just dandy...have you actually tried it?

you say not to put anything above the dash....but according to you bringing the soundstage up is a good thing? nearly contradictory. and the tweeter should always be no more than 6 or 7 inches away from the mid.....

Now, if you want to keep the stock look, put em in the dash.......unless your an audiophile, you wont care.....

Old 05-05-2008, 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

not poor info...just passing the word which everyone else suggests. using the a pillar still leaves you with the same problem. your telling us the a pillar isnt above the dash!?! how are the highs distorted by the windshield? lol mine sounded just dandy...have you actually tried it?

you say not to put anything above the dash....but according to you bringing the soundstage up is a good thing? nearly contradictory. and the tweeter should always be no more than 6 or 7 inches away from the mid.....

Now, if you want to keep the stock look, put em in the dash.......unless your an audiophile, you wont care.....
Wow, you are SORELY mis-informed. YES, puting speakers in the a-piller is good to bring the stage up, and you probably wont run into problems with any deflections, BUT WHEN YOU PUT SPEAKERS IN THE DASH IN THE FACTORY LOCATION (POINTING UP) YOU WILL HAVE NASTLY DEFLECTIONS.

Generally, when the tweeter is in the a-piller, it is pointing out to the audiance, not striaght up. This is not the case with trying to mount the teeter in the dash... it would be nearly impossible to place the tweeter any way BUT up! By "avove the dash" i simply mean in the factory location. Ask any SQ guy and they will tell you the same thing about the crappy location alot of manufactures use... (including chevy... sorry)!

As for the distance between the mid and woofer, you couldnt be more wrong. Think about it logically... you want to blend the highs and mids not seperate them. Come on man...

Old 05-05-2008, 05:08 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

K whatever buddy, get mad why dont ya

Old 05-05-2008, 06:16 PM

I was jus trying to clarify it for you... it seems yous mistook what I said in the begining.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:18 PM
MVPalmer271 is an unknown quantity at this point

Now hug and tell each other you're sorry. lol Just kidding. But Thank you both for you help.
Anyways..

What are you leaning towards???
Actualy, right now with coaxlas these
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...51S&tp=105

or these
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...640&tp=105

The sonys look pimp and my HU is sony but i like the polks too. Any suggestions are appriciated.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:29 PM

WHOA... I looked at the first link and said "okay this guy's got the idea"... then i clicked the second link and lost all respect for you... JK

DUDE... stay away from sony they downright suck. Those polks will do just fine off the HU though (good choice)

Polk makes a nice tweeter....

Old 05-05-2008, 07:37 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Don't mean to threadjack but does anyone have experience with Infinity Kappa 62.7i?

I've been looking to replace my speakers with something a little better than the cheapo pioneers I have now

Quick Reply: Audio Noob