Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

audio problem......

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Beginning Member
racer16j is on a distinguished road
Default audio problem......

Alright i have 97 blazer LS and I'm only getting sound from the front two speakers on the doors and maybe the one on the dash too. Anyways why am i not getting sound anywhere else? its a stock head unit. If you have any questions that might help me figure out my problem.... ask away!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Are the rear speakers still the factory ones? They're notorious for just going out as they're about the cheapest built things on the planet. Most likely that's all that is wrong with them, they're just shot. At least they're just completely and totally not working instead of being half way dead and rattling like hell.

Do you have any plans to install an aftermarket HU? Do you have any intentions on upgrading any of the speakers in the future? Do you like listening to your music loud, or care a lot about how good it sounds?

I ask all those questions to help get an idea on how to suggest the best way for you to go about replacing speakers and give you links on recommendations on speakers to replace them with.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Beginning Member
racer16j is on a distinguished road

I like my country loud! And yes to a new head unit. But i don't feel like dumping a whole lot of money in it. Hu i can take out...speakers i can't as easy. you think it would be worth just having a speaker box or just as cheap to replace speakers?

Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 AM
Starting Member
Rumblur is on a distinguished road

Not to thread jack, but in a 2000 4dr Blazer - are there speakers in each door? (4 total, plus tweets in dash)

I've been planning a audio upgrade too, as I have the same problem... dead speakers, and the ones that live are farty.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by racer16j
I like my country loud! And yes to a new head unit. But i don't feel like dumping a whole lot of money in it. Hu i can take out...speakers i can't as easy. you think it would be worth just having a speaker box or just as cheap to replace speakers?
It's not the LEAST bit advantageous to use one of those uber cheap little speaker boxes like you see at Walmart. They will not get loud, will not sound good, and will be harder to go through the trouble of hooking up than it would be to just pull the door panels off and change the speakers real quick. I'm not a fan of using them myself and hate to recommend them, but some new coax's can be had plenty cheap and they will yield far better results than any cheap little speaker box will.

Originally Posted by Rumblur
Not to thread jack, but in a 2000 4dr Blazer - are there speakers in each door? (4 total, plus tweets in dash)

I've been planning a audio upgrade too, as I have the same problem... dead speakers, and the ones that live are farty.
Yes there are, all four are 6.5" in size with 4x6 tweeter plates in the dash.