Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

best door speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:25 PM
HCCAFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: best door speakers?

Thats cool benz....I totally agree. I have had many a fight with people that tried to say Alpine speakers were good and you are the first one with the same opinion as me...that the decks are ok but speakers suck.

For your door speakers....make sure the new ones are not too deep. It really takes some ingenuity to make anything over about 2.5 inches deep to fit in the back doors, on my 2005 at least. I also recommend some of those cups that go behind your door spakers and sealing them tight with silicone before putting them in the doors.

Old 02-25-2006, 10:31 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

I have a 400watt boost EQ Pyramid and a Pyramid woofer for sale. Just kidding. <---- remember those things from old J.C. whitney catalogs?

Old 03-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Binz316 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree totally, Alpine is slowly declining but still the higher end is still worth a shot. But once a major retailer i.e. Best Buy starts to carry your brand they start cutting corners. I've always been a huge supporter of Kicker and now that Circuit City has got a hold of them I worry that the once prominent company down in Oklahoma will soon have the same demise.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:25 PM

Awesome Binz...I am totally with you. You should read the head unit debate where me and Ryan went at it about Circuit City now carrying Eclipse.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:16 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

that wasnt this thread? lol i dunno i cant keep track of all these audio threads. but anyways, i really dont believe that whole major retailer myth, but lets not get into that again . well alpine and kicker have been in big retail for quite a bit now, and alpine just recently decline and i dont think kicker has declined at all. if your gonna bring up some cvr's sucking or something, well they always did (in my eyes). but kickers like signature sub, the l7, is still just as good if not better than the old black coned models or even the round solobarics.

edit: he he he. im at 420 posts right now.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:46 PM

Pssshtttt...I consider any solo baric a new Kicker. I had a set that still said designed by stillwater on the back and had the gold block letters on the non inverted dust cap in the middle. Is Kicker still made in the US?

Old 03-03-2006, 04:42 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: HCCAFan

Pssshtttt...I consider any solo baric a new Kicker. I had a set that still said designed by stillwater on the back and had the gold block letters on the non inverted dust cap in the middle. Is Kicker still made in the US?
well i dont know why youd consider any solobaric a new kicker considering the solo baric has been around for quite a while. the manual for the Solobaric C series has a date of Jan. 1997.....so I'd guess they were first produced right around that time period. and i dont know how you consider 9 years to be a "new kicker". i hope your not thinking kicker was making subs back in 73 when they first started up...

Old 03-03-2006, 08:10 PM

Nope but they were making subs when I first got into car audio, and that is well before 97. When solo barics came out those huge horn drivers mounted up under your dash were pretty damn popular too. Never really caught on though. Is stillwater still a part of Kicker or not? I don't know if it is still this way now, but I'd say around 1992 or 1993 Kicker was regarded as the sub to get if you were into rock music.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Binz316 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stillwater is still Kicker, but I did install a solo x in my neon and it was made in Korea! wtf? Still love for Kicker though. As for how long the solobaric has been around I think the misconception is the square design came out around 00-01, but the round ones were out in the late 90s.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:07 PM

A ton of stuff is made in Korea these days and that is a bit un-nerving to me since in my 3 years over there I never saw the Koreans make anything right. Sounds like they took the Stillwater name as I am sure Stillwater is not in Korea.

Quick Reply: best door speakers?