Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

best door speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Binz316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: best door speakers?

No Stillwater is not in Korea, I just had my kx700.5 serviced and I sent it to Stillwater, Oklahoma. Now as for the some of the parts they use absolutely come from over there, what can ya do? I won a db competition in 02' with 2L7s in a pretty weak field, nevertheless beside quartz or kappa it's all I'll buy.

Old 03-05-2006, 05:07 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: HCCAFan

Nope but they were making subs when I first got into car audio, and that is well before 97. When solo barics came out those huge horn drivers mounted up under your dash were pretty damn popular too. Never really caught on though. Is stillwater still a part of Kicker or not? I don't know if it is still this way now, but I'd say around 1992 or 1993 Kicker was regarded as the sub to get if you were into rock music.
Stillwater, OK is where Kicker originated. and its where kickers world headquarters is now. when they first started in 73 they had the name kicker. they were designing boxes. and they were regarded as the best company if you need a box. btw, horns are coming back, lol. but theyre such a bitch to install properly so id never bother. and i dunno about previous models, but solos are best suited for rap. i listen to both rock and rap, and theyre just not as tight, quick, and accurate as others.

Old 03-05-2006, 05:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Binz316

Stillwater is still Kicker, but I did install a solo x in my neon and it was made in Korea! wtf? Still love for Kicker though. As for how long the solobaric has been around I think the misconception is the square design came out around 00-01, but the round ones were out in the late 90s.
over 90% of ALL car audio is made overseas. that dont mean its designed there. or that its crap.

Old 03-05-2006, 01:36 PM

I agree the sound quality isn't the best out there, but they do win db drag competitions. Back in 02' I had2 solobarics and 2 zr1000s and a whole lot of dynomat in the back of a 01 neon and took the 2-3 woofer category. I'll admit the weather probably didn't allow for the best of em that day, but nevertheless I have the trophy. Just not the car b/c in 04' mother nature flooded my area and replaced my car in a river.[:@] I had over $15000 in engine work,body, and electronics in that car and insurance company f%#%@ me. So, I used the money I did get and bought my blazer. Then last year for a college gradution I bought myself an srt-4 and couldn't help but put a little kicker in it. So I installed solo x 10 with a kicker kx2500.1 and put the stock kicker comp away in storage. ok I'm done ranting; the flood rememberance usually gets me quite depressed. what as I talking about again, oh yea Kicker..it still the best as far as I'm concerned.

Old 03-05-2006, 02:42 PM
HCCAFan is an unknown quantity at this point

It might be where they came from...but old Kickers used to say "Kicker by Stillwater" on the back. Don't ask me why.

Old 03-05-2006, 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Binz316

I agree the sound quality isn't the best out there, but they do win db drag competitions. Back in 02' I had2 solobarics and 2 zr1000s and a whole lot of dynomat in the back of a 01 neon and took the 2-3 woofer category. I'll admit the weather probably didn't allow for the best of em that day, but nevertheless I have the trophy. Just not the car b/c in 04' mother nature flooded my area and replaced my car in a river.[:@] I had over $15000 in engine work,body, and electronics in that car and insurance company f%#%@ me. So, I used the money I did get and bought my blazer. Then last year for a college gradution I bought myself an srt-4 and couldn't help but put a little kicker in it. So I installed solo x 10 with a kicker kx2500.1 and put the stock kicker comp away in storage. ok I'm done ranting; the flood rememberance usually gets me quite depressed. what as I talking about again, oh yea Kicker..it still the best as far as I'm concerned.
oh yeah, l7s are known for their spl. there have been MANY comps won with them. theyre also know to be able to take a ****load of watts. im running 250 xtra on each 1 and they take it like its nuthing. and they slam hard as hell and get loooow. i love em.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:57 PM

Damn binz...you got a SRT-4 also? No wonder we get along. Mine is a Black 05 I got when I came home from overseas last October. No system in that though.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:54 PM

Yea I have an silver 05'. I have Mopar in my blood so I make sure to always have one. Basically its my weekend car for now, but come summer it'll get a lot more use...like eating mustangs $ camaros but mainly mustangs!

Old 03-08-2006, 02:20 AM

I try not to drive mine as it already has 12,500 miles on it and I have only had it since October. It has already been to Arizona and back and it is a hell of a lot easier to drive on the highway than the Blazer. My dad just bought an Outback XT that he thinks can take it so it might be going on the road again this weekend ><.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:24 PM

an outback xt huh? though its turbocharged I don't think it would make much of an opponent. Unless you miss some shifts. I lost some close ones b4 due to some bad shifts