Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

BJ's upgrades build

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default BJ's upgrades build

Can't drag this out as long as my blazer, as I need this to drive daily. Plans are: POR-15 any surface rust, B-Quiet Ultimate the cabin, some more wire, amp rack underneath the box to mount 2 saz1500ds & 100.2, 8 cubes net @ 32 for 2 15" Fi BL's, red top in the rear, paint the interior plastic parts flat black, tweed some more stuff. Waiting on knukonceptz order, and I need to order some more tweed to do the headliner. I wasn't originally planning to do the headliner but I'm this far so I might as well. Also going to steam pressure wash the carpet and see if I can't get it a little cleaner =)

Old 05-10-2008, 01:03 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: BJ's upgrades build

So, it will be finished before work resumes? Carpet looks in decent shape, let me know about the dry time on the steam clean.

Hope it goes quickly! *EHEM* Blazer *COUGH*

Old 05-10-2008, 01:23 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

mmmmmmm I love a clean slate!!! Warning on the B-quiet.... It likes to fall off in extremem heat and after about a years "use". I will never buy it again. Its pretty thin stuff too.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: TripleBlackBlazer
So, it will be finished before work resumes? Carpet looks in decent shape, let me know about the dry time on the steam clean.

Hope it goes quickly! *EHEM* Blazer *COUGH*
No way it will be done by then. Probably like 3 weeks I would say. I'll do as much as I can, then I will be waiting for tweed to do the headliner.

ORIGINAL: bobditts
mmmmmmm I love a clean slate!!! Warning on the B-quiet.... It likes to fall off in extremem heat and after about a years "use". I will never buy it again. Its pretty thin stuff too.
I hope it works out. I did research on the stuff before I bought it. B-Quiet is in Canada so I got it in 3 days. I wanted to get raammat but I didn't hear back from them in time. I actually just got a response from them a few minutes ago. It doesn't get extremely hot here but it can be at times. I only plan on one layer on the roof anyways. Might do a couple on the floor and sides or something. Was it the ultimate you used?

Old 05-10-2008, 02:02 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

When I had my b-quiet installed upsidown is where it preformed the worst. Maybe they have changed their adhesive since then? Hope it works out for you too. Keep the pics coming!

Old 05-13-2008, 06:29 PM

No progress really. I took my carpet into work last night and cleaned it. It came out cleaner, as it wasn't too bad before. I put it into the oven and that helped it dry faster. So I can't say for sure how long it would have taken to fully air dry. As long as you aren't doing the sound padding it should dry within a day or so. I put some por 15 onto the floor boards. Got my ports in today for the box. 4" aeros. It's been raining since I started, but it's supposed to be nice this weekend.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:59 PM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point

What subs??? Why dont you just do a slot port?

***EDIT*** sorry, i read your first post... two 15 fi's? Its gonna be loud as fu*K bro... But i would still do a slot port!

Old 05-16-2008, 08:20 PM

I can barely fit the box as it is I think. The aeros should allow for the box to be a little smaller. Got my wire in from knu, still need to order more tweed This is how far 50 square feet got me. I think I will probably order some BXT from rammaat and some ensolite. The other 50 square feet I have should finish up the rear of the truck.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:08 AM
oakleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

How many cubes is the box going to be?

Old 05-17-2008, 12:29 AM

I'm going to be shooting for about 8 cubes net.

Quick Reply: BJ's upgrades build