Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

BJ's upgrades build

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 01:57 AM
oakleyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: BJ's upgrades build

I don't think your going to have enough port area with 5 4' aeros.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

You're probably right. Couldn't fit 3 6" in there easily, and I just like using aeros for some reason. My current box is 4 cubes with only 2 4" ports. It sounded good to me.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:24 PM

I have maybe 10 feet left of the deadener. There is also none on the tailgate yet. I want to put some deadener on the back of the plastic panels as well. Going to have to make one roll of raammat cover the roof.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Big Frost is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, sorry for my lack of audio knowledge, but what exactly will lining your car with the deadener do? ive stripped my car ready to carpet, and was thinking maybe i should do that as well...

Old 05-17-2008, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Big Frost

hey, sorry for my lack of audio knowledge, but what exactly will lining your car with the deadener do? ive stripped my car ready to carpet, and was thinking maybe i should do that as well...
It's to prevent alien mind control while driving. Check out this site for some information on it. Basically adding the deadener will add mass to help keep panels from vibrating. Once I add some absorbing foam it should cut it down further. It doesn't have to be used for audio specific applications. Luxury vehicles will normally have much more deadening in them compared to an econo type car. It really cuts down on road noise etc. I like my music loud, but not everyone enjoys listening to what I am.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:34 PM

Great read, read it all, thanks!

How much of b-quiet ultimate did you order? 100 sq feet?

Old 05-17-2008, 11:39 PM

Yes I ordered 100 feet thinking that would be enough. I used about 90 on what you see in the pics. I already had used some dynamat extreme on the doors. I have lots of overlaps with what I've done. I will be ordering another 60 feet of raammat to do the roof. Are you in Canada or the US?

Old 05-17-2008, 11:43 PM

Im in the US, and i think the B-quiet ultimate looks like a good idea for me as well.

Did you only do the floor? or did you do any of the panels besides the doors?

also, how are you going to go about the roof? are you going to secure the mat to the top of the headliner facing the roof? or secure it to the roof facing the floor?

Old 05-17-2008, 11:51 PM

I did the floor and sides with it. The roof I will remove the headliner and apply the deadener to the sheet metal. The headliner is made of foam and you don't want to put any weight on it. I would suggest you look into this instead of the b quiet. It's cheaper and hear lots of good things about it.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:55 PM

well based on what i read in that article, it doesnt stand up to well in heat right?...

I live in florida, and im pretty sure my car is going to get EXTREMELY hot in the upcoming months...i even had to buy CALIPER paint instead of regular to do my interrior because of the heat rating...

do you think it will stand up in all that heat? i dont want anything to melt, or smell like asphalt...

Quick Reply: BJ's upgrades build