Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

CLN?

Old 04-22-2007, 08:58 PM
metalheadgoalie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CLN?

anyone who has a cassete player still in their blazer, has anyone gotten CLN when u put a cassete in? I assumed it meant clean so I found a cassete cleaner and used it a few times but its still the same. I dont have an owners manual so I have no way of looking so I came to the forum

Old 04-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: CLN?

I know that there is a TSB on clearing the CLN, but i dont have access to the alldata info. ill get someone on it.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:49 AM

alright thanks man, it means clean right? i wanna know if i assumed right

Old 04-24-2007, 02:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Got it for ya. Try this out:
Condition
Some owners may comment that the 'CLN' appears on the radio display and does not turn off after tape heads have been cleaned.

Cause
The 'CLN' display is a reminder for the customer that the tape heads need to be cleaned. This reminder will appear after 50 hours of tape usage. The 'CLN' indicator will not automatically turn off after the tape heads have been cleaned.

Correction
Integral Cassette Radios
The customer must reset the 'CLN' indicator manually. To reset after proper cleaning of the tape heads, push the EJECT button and hold for 5 seconds until the display clears. The 'CLN' reminder will be reset and start timing the hours of tape usage. The radio display will resume its normal operating functions.

Remote Cassette Unit
The customer must reset the 'CLN' indicator manually. To reset after proper clenaing of the tape heads, push the EJECT button on the remote and the RECALL button on the radio and hold for 5 seconds until the display clears. The 'CLN' reminder will be reset and start timing the hours of tape usage. The radio display will resume its normal operating functions.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:54 AM

thanks man, if that was from a owner's manual i needa go get one haha just in case something as simple as that happens again

Old 04-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It might have been from the manual, but I got it from a TSB. Anyway, if you need an owners manual, goto MyGMLink.com and sign up. They will have an electronic (PDF) version of your manual for free download.

Search this Thread