Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Components and Midrange drivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 02:51 PM
devilishprune is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Components and Midrange drivers

I have a few questions about my stereo setup in my 96 four door blazer. I recent put 4 ways in all the doors, but currently I'm a little disappointed with the way that the lyrics are covered up by the bass. If I put in components in the front doors and midrange/midbass drivers in the rear doors, would that solve the problem? The amp that I'll be using to power these speakers puts out 110 W x4 RMS.

Also, what are some recommendations that you guys have for these two types of speakers? I'm looking to spend about 200 dollars total, preferably less if it can be done for that much.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Do you have any amp powering the current 4way speakers?

I noticed a huge increase in volume and quality of music once I started powering the speakers off an amp instead of my Pioneer headunit.

You may not need new speakers, just an amp. Although 110w rms is a little high for most 4way speakers. I think the 3way Pioneers that I had were rated at 35w rms and the amp put out 75w rms (to each speaker)

I don't have any comp recommendations

Old 04-26-2009, 07:42 PM
devilishprune is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I'm running an amp to the 4 door speakers now. It definitely sounds better than when they were just running off the head unit.

All of the 4-ways in the doors are rated at 75w RMS; I figured that since they were 4-ways then they would give me the clarity on the higher end that I didn't want to lose, but that's not the case now. I've been doing some research and I think that a possible better option (i.e. cheaper) would be to just add some tweeters, either in the door panels or replacing the ones that are in my dash at the moment.

What do you guys think?