Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

a couple 2002 trailblazer speaker questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 09:46 AM
jrpx2 is on a distinguished road
Default a couple 2002 trailblazer speaker questions

I am new here so I am not sure how dumb these questions might be I am having problems with my rear door speakers. I thought it was the headunit so I replaced that with a new sony xplod with bluetooth.

still nothing from the rear speakers finally got around to pulling one panel off figured I would play around with one side to see if it was just something really simple.
so first ting was I ended up breaking a clip on the trim for the door handle so I have to figure out where to get a new one of those.
What was really odd was the I guess it is a bracket that holds the speaker the old speaker will not comeout no matter what I do and I don't want to break it. Is this typical and where can I get a new bracket for the speakers?

Thanks
Jim

Old 07-05-2010, 08:17 AM

okI found the brackets on crutchfield.
and talked to a install guy at bestbuy tried what he told me still nothing ANYONE have an idea?

Old 07-06-2010, 10:06 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jrpx2
What was really odd was the I guess it is a bracket that holds the speaker the old speaker will not comeout no matter what I do and I don't want to break it?
what do you mean by this?

you need to be more clear as to what your problem is.. also, introduce yourself in the correct page so that we can get to know you. if you're here for just this question only, some people won't take kindly to it.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:28 AM

sorry for not being clearer.
The bracket that holds the speakers in the rear door was alot of trouble getting it out of the door and even more trouble getting the speaker out since it has never been touched since the car was built.
I did not want to break it since it was just plastic after playing around with it I was able to get the bracket out then more work I was able to get the old speaker out.
I am going to try new speakers first now that I have everything apart.
Like I said in the other post I talked with a install guy at Best Buy and he there is no reason for the speakers not to work the way they are wired, so I am hoping just new speakers will work.

I will go to the intro area also to introduce myself

Old 07-07-2010, 09:59 AM
BF Veteran

I'm just trying to help you out. The only thing I can think of us either a blown speaker or a short somewhere along the way.

With the bracket thing, on my 2door the front speakers are mounted on a blue plastic spacer that is riveted to the door. My speakers were only held on with screws so

Old 07-08-2010, 11:12 AM

MTopper

thanks for the help.
The problem was actually both the rear speakers where dead and one side had a wire short so now everything is fixed and the new speakers sound great

Old 07-08-2010, 02:02 PM
BF Veteran

thats good news. you almost always get out better when you need to fix something audio wise haha.