Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Dual Head Unit ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:16 PM
j1cs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dual Head Unit ??

I was thinking about getting a dual xdm 6820. Havent heard much about these, are they reliable?

Old 04-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Dual Head Unit ??

they are not reliable. I have replaced about 4 of those unit in the last month and a half. What is your price range? post up and Ill give you some choices. Prob around a hundred will be good quality and nice fetures. Look at Pioneer DEH-P1900, JVC KDG-230

Old 04-28-2007, 03:02 PM
j1cs is an unknown quantity at this point

I also was looking at the 1900 pioneer also. I was hoping to go for 130.00 maybe from crutchfield.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:17 PM
eshballa5 is an unknown quantity at this point

the 1900 is like $100 and the 2900 is like $110. i would def go pioneer or jvc, don't waste your money on dual

Old 04-28-2007, 10:23 PM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 on that. DUAL = crap

Old 04-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

I've found through experience that Pioneer is a good way to go if you're not gonna spend muchmoney on a deck. My dad & I went the $115 Pioneer deck route for years and found them to be great receivers. Newer model JVC looks okay for the money, although, personally i think they're as bad as Dual (from what i've seen anyway).

Old 04-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Administrator

hmmm, I install for a living, compete, and i run a JVC deck. I love pioneers but they have a design flaw stemming from an rca ground issue.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:35 AM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i'm not tryin' to stir j1 from JVC or anything, its just me and from my experience with JVC and its more so with the older models so it doesn't really apply here I guess. I've never given the newer JVC a chance really because of this history, but nowadays they seem to give a lot more for not a lot of change (kinda like higher end panasonic) plus you obviously have more experience with their decks than meself. Me or my dad never had any issues with our pioneers (seems we were lucky).

Old 04-29-2007, 03:38 AM
Lee
Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Don't get the Dual. I have one right now, it's complete garbage.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Administrator

I love pioneers, and until about a year ago, i wasnt a big fan of JVC. Pioneers have an issue when you plugin RCA's that all of the sudden, you get horrible ground noise through whatever is connected to them. Its just a design flaw and bad soldering. I have a JVC now, I love it, except that it doesnt have a HPF, which to someone who doesnt amp their interior speakers, becomes a problem with louder volumes. WHen you turn you system up wihout a HPF, your interior speakers try to reproduce that bass, and thats bad when they start to distort terribly.

Quick Reply: Dual Head Unit ??