Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Factory Amp/door speaker

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 12:09 PM
snaretech is on a distinguished road
Question Factory Amp/door speaker

Hello i have a 2000 blazer 4dr 4wd lt it has the delco system or did have it i have since installed a power acoustik ptid 8920 touch screen 2 pyle door subs two alpine 2 way speakers and tweeters and 2 12 inch MTX terminator subwoofers with a 600watt mono block amp but my door speakers are annoyingly low like no voulume at all it sucks i want to know if there is an adapter i can buy so that i can run my factory amp to my after market radio my radio has a sub port and for other ports for the door speakers but i cant hardly hear my door speakers can i do this????? any questions just ask ill do my best to tell you what you need to know

Old 02-27-2014, 01:51 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

There is no factory amp if your truck didn't have the Bose factory system. I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of how you have everything installed AND some explanation of how you have it wired. It would also be good to know what you have set in the HU settings as well.

There's no good reason that the HU shouldn't be able to produce satisfactory output from the speakers with it's own internal amplifier. I would imagine that something is installed, wired or setup wrong and will be an easy fix once we help identify what it is. My biggest concern is how you have the Pyle "Door Subs", Alpine speakers and the tweeters wired up. I'm afraid if you have it wired incorrectly that the HU is seeing a nominal impedance well below it's rating which can or has already caused damage to the internal amplifier. Another possible problem may just be that you have more than a couple of speakers wired out of phase. No matter what we'll need more detailed information before there's much we can do to help out.

As for another amp, it's not a bad idea but there's no factory amp to use if it doesn't have the Bose system and the last amp you'd want to use is the factory one anyway. There's a million choices for an external amp to run your speakers with out there that would decimate any factory amp in every regard.