Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Factory HU power wire harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 07:00 PM
scottydl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Factory HU power wire harness

Hey all - anyone know what color the POWER wire harness is for the back of the OEM head unit on a 2004 Blazer 4x4? My HU was re-installed unplugged by the dealer several months ago (long story), and I've now fixed it and want to plug it back in and get my music back. However, I can only find the speaker channel harness (gray taped wires attached to white plastic clip) and the black antenna cable. I'm not sure where the tech shoved the power harness, and/or what to look for under/within the dashboard. I can't see anything dangling (the other two plug-ins were *right* there behind the HU) so it must be shoved way back in a crevice somewhere. With the dash cover pulled off, I can easily identify the harnesses plugged into the AC/heater controls, and some black taped wires heading off to the upper right which I assume go to the front dash speaker and DRL light sensor. What else should I be looking for? TIA for any assistance -

Old 09-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Factory HU power wire harness

should be two harnesses, one black and one grey. Other than that, not much that I can tell you. should be in there somewhere. I would try removing the climate controls to give yourself some more area to look in.