Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Factory Sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:13 PM
travelertoo is on a distinguished road
Default Factory Sound

I have always been impressed with the sound that I get from the front speakers in my 2000 BLZR. The rear speakers were already blown when I bought it in 2003, and I replaced those, however I realized after replacing them that the workhorse that really made difference was not the rear speakers nor the am/fm/cassette stereo (which I swapped out with a newer Panasonic CD and XM), but the outstanding bass and treble response coming from those two large-ish speakers factory installed in the front. I'm so impressed, I'd just like to know what they are, and I've heard that Bose speakers were an option on this vehicle, but I know the two orginal rear speakers were NOT Bose. Does anyone know what these speakers are?

Old 01-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by travelertoo
I have always been impressed with the sound that I get from the front speakers in my 2000 BLZR. The rear speakers were already blown when I bought it in 2003, and I replaced those, however I realized after replacing them that the workhorse that really made difference was not the rear speakers nor the am/fm/cassette stereo (which I swapped out with a newer Panasonic CD and XM), but the outstanding bass and treble response coming from those two large-ish speakers factory installed in the front. I'm so impressed, I'd just like to know what they are, and I've heard that Bose speakers were an option on this vehicle, but I know the two orginal rear speakers were NOT Bose. Does anyone know what these speakers are?
i've always been impressed too. they're made by gm. i know the radios are delco electronics. and the main supplier for gm was ac/delco. most likely a speaker made by ac/delco or some conjugtion with delco electronics

Old 01-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

It says delco electronics right on the back so yes. One of mine was blown when I got it also and I upgraded since then.