Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

fiberglass box and cleaned up interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:19 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

nice enclosure construction. I didnt see any flaws in the paint. Nice job! I prefer a flush mounted sub myself, but thats just me. How is that enclosure secured to the vehicle?

Old 04-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Kr.Fabs is on a distinguished road

i really dont know why i dont like it. im just not a green guy i guess. its not the worst color possible or anything. i just prefer white or black vehicles for some reason.

bobditts: theres just some minor sanding to be done, not 100% smooth yet. and its not secured yet, because im going to be taking out shortly when i plan to paint it. but im planning on just anchoring it through the back into the steel behind the rug there.

Last edited by Kr.Fabs; 04-17-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

How would you like to make one for my blazer. It's a 4 dr, so I have a little more room back there.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:51 AM

depends on what you want with it. and how much you want to pay. just to give you an idea. getting just into primer like how my box is now probably has about 10-12 hrs into it, maybe more. pm me and we can talk further about it if you want.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Nice job! enclosure looks great.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:42 PM
shmew22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sick enclosure... Very nice job

Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright, can I just say that if this is your personal garage. I'm so jealous that I'm a borderline hater right now. Nice, clean, not cluttered like most you see. Thats a great work area.

The install looks phenominal. Good choice on the JBL GTO series too. Actually I got one of the dual 4 ohm 12's for moms system in her focus and it did great. Where the magnet is kinda sunk into basket assembly it just looks great. Only thing I noticed is a slight noise in the sealed box it was in, almost sounded like the tinsel leads hitting the cone. But it was underpowered and don't know why it did that. But it's in my buddys truck in a truck box now and dosen't do it, sounds great. Replaced hers with a Lanzar MAXPRO 4 ohm 12 and does better in the box the JBL was in, I think it was a bad box design for the JBL sub. Anyway very nice box. Thats gonna be nice and clean once painted and installed.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:22 AM

haha yea thats my garage (actually my dads) you can see my dads tool box on the left (red) and mine on the right (black). im going to be making a new bench fairly soon that will be built out of steel and a lot stronger and have more storage that my current one.

The only reason i initially went to jbl was because when i got the sub (year or so ago) i worked at best buy and i got it for pretty cheap on the staff discount. but i was very impressed with it for its size and price. i definitely dont need anything bigger, especially being in the ported box it turned out really well. im running 250w rms @ 4ohm into it right now, and the sound quality is awesome.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:19 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

nice looking box I would personally paint it to match the interior. Wish my interior was that clean lol but It's on the list of things still to do.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:46 PM

still not sure on what color to paint it. im open to any ideas on color you guys have. as far as painting it to match the interior.. just a light grey? i dont think that would look very good or match well.

Quick Reply: fiberglass box and cleaned up interior