Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

First Gen Fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 02:07 AM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough
Default First Gen Fog lights...

I'd like to mount some fog lights on my first gen but there really isn't anywhere to mount them. Has anyone else been able to solve this problem?

Old 04-11-2007, 03:20 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: First Gen Fog lights...

I was just looking in your photo gallery for ideas (is that your boyfriend washing Bobs' wheels), and I was thinking....maybe install a pushbar of some sort. I can't see anything else to mount the lights to and I hate the idea of drilling into the bumper and causing rust.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

If you aren't required to have a front license plate, maybe something that would thread into those holes? Just a thought...

Old 04-11-2007, 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

I was just looking in your photo gallery for ideas (is that your boyfriend washing Bobs' wheels), and I was thinking....maybe install a pushbar of some sort. I can't see anything else to mount the lights to and I hate the idea of drilling into the bumper and causing rust.
No, smarty pants, that isn't my boyfriend washing the wheels, that's my son, He's 4. My father once told me people had children so they had someone around to do all the things they didn't want to do, LOL.

And yeah, I don't wanna drill any holes, do they make push bumpers for first gens?All the cool stuffis for the newer models, I've noticed.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:30 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

They make them for the first gens, yes, but on my old S10, if you look at theunder sideof the bumper near the signal lights, you'll notice that there's holes already in the bumper, you only have to drill through the plastic of the ground effects, which, after drilling, you can't even see the hole, because of where it's located...

Old 04-12-2007, 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: drperry

They make them for the first gens, yes, but on my old S10, if you look at theunder sideof the bumper near the signal lights, you'll notice that there's holes already in the bumper, you only have to drill through the plastic of the ground effects, which, after drilling, you can't even see the hole, because of where it's located...
What year was your S-10?

Old 04-12-2007, 06:46 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

1985, a good ol' shoebox! lol

or, if there's bolts in all the holes, you can take one out and use that...

It depends on the type of light you get, too...

The ones I put there had the one big bolt/nut combo...