Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

FM Transmitter

Old 12-18-2007, 06:48 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FM Transmitter

Anyone have any luck with these?

Im talking about the ones you stick in the car lighter for anyone that dosent know.....

I tried 2 and got horrible static 80% of the time on ANY radio frequency.

1st I got some cheap mercury, sucked, took it back and dished out $50 on a philips thinking it would help....which it didnt.

My cousin has a belkin on his stock cd player in his 2002ish 4runner and it sounds alot better than mine.....tried his in my truck and it still sucked.

so im guessing my deck just sucks....anything I can do other than get a new deck?

its a pioneer deh-p6400

Old 12-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: FM Transmitter

what exactly are you looking to do? better FM or wireless connection with an add-on?

Old 12-18-2007, 07:10 PM
BF Veteran

better FM

thenormal radio plays fine

Old 12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Probably a ground issue...

IMO, FM transmitters are pointless... What's the point of a high quality source, if you're going to use low quality broadcasting? lol.

But anywhos, try it on the same frequency your buddy uses...

Also, have him playing something with it, and park close, see if you still get the interference

Old 12-18-2007, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran

i tried every frequency there was.....and i want 1000 songs in my ride for $30....that is the reason.

cant do....hes workin in manitoba now.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Ahhhh, then see if what happens if you use some pieces of wire and power the transmitter from the battery, instead of the cig. lighter...

That'll tell you if it's your cig. lighter that's got the ground issues

Old 12-18-2007, 09:06 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Never had any luck with the FM transmitter for the ipod. Once you finally get it locked into a good frequency, it gets static-y again. Resume the search for a better frequency...listen to half a song...static.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran

ya.....guess im just dreamin.....

Old 12-18-2007, 11:57 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

buy a pioneer ip bus cord and plug it into your cd player. thats what i did...

Old 12-19-2007, 03:52 AM
BF Veteran

I did that with my Alpine, too, best decision I ever made for that thing...

It also comes in handy when using a portable DVD player!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FM Transmitter