Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Front Bowtie?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Fogle is on a distinguished road
Default Front Bowtie?

So I'm tired of having the ugly gold bowtie on the front of my blazer. I thought of a good idea the other day but I'm not too sure how to go about it. I was wondering if anyone else has done this or has even thought of it.

I want to get a CLEAR bowtie for the front (whether there is one online to buy, or I have to make my own). Not only that, I want to put LED's behind it so that at night it can light up.

Has anyone ever seen this done? Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Old 06-07-2009, 01:29 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Pull your grill off and look on the backside of the emblem. See that nut? Remove it and yoy can pry the emblem off. After that is up to you.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:34 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fogle
So I'm tired of having the ugly gold bowtie on the front of my blazer. I thought of a good idea the other day but I'm not too sure how to go about it. I was wondering if anyone else has done this or has even thought of it.

I want to get a CLEAR bowtie for the front (whether there is one online to buy, or I have to make my own). Not only that, I want to put LED's behind it so that at night it can light up.

Has anyone ever seen this done? Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?
ive seen this done once when i was browsing through cardomain. the guy cut a bowtie out of plexi glass and installed one blue led behind it, that one led was plenty to light up the bowtie but it seemed a bit to ricey for my taste.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:25 AM

thanks mikeinwi, thats what i was looking for. I do agree that the blue does look a little ricey.. I was thinking more like an amber color, to match my turn signal/parking lights, or a white to match my headlights. No strange color like blue or red or purple.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:32 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

I would stick with white so as not to get hassled by the cops.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:40 AM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

Yea, you could tell them its another headlight! lol

Old 06-07-2009, 02:48 AM

you think any color other than white would cause a problem with cops? Nobody seems to care about lights under cars. And its not like its going to be super bright and in other peoples faces, its just going to be enough to light up behind the bowtie?

Old 06-07-2009, 03:00 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I've covered my bowtie with signwriting pvc (red with the center bit black). Had intended to clear the edges & light up the outline with amber, blue or white LED. Red, which I'd prefer would be a definate no no with the cops. Blue is ricer so it looks as if (when I get to do it) it'll be amber or white. Again, this idea may still look ricer, so I'm still betwixt & between on this mod.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:11 AM

I dont understand why any of this would be a problem with cops? I mean, I see people riding around with pink, yellow, blue, purple, etc.. headlights. Whats wrong with lighting up a bowtie emblem? Its not even bright enough to see it as an actual light.. Its not illegal to paint or buy chrome or anything, why is it a problem with lighting it up?

Someone care to explain for me?

Old 06-07-2009, 03:16 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I can only speak for New Zealand but it's no problem. Just don't use red. Red is supposed to show the rear of the truck.

Quick Reply: Front Bowtie?