Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Got Some New Toys. :D

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road
Talking Got Some New Toys. :D

Well UPS woke me up today.

2 sets of Rockford P1653's and a set of Rockford P1T-S's. Im going to put them in tonight after work... stupid work. ill be reviewing these bad boys too, so keep a look out.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:38 AM
deadbuzzard is an unknown quantity at this point

drool....

can't wait to see and hear the results

Old 07-16-2010, 06:22 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright!

When do you get off work? I'm impatient... ha ha

Old 07-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Starting Member

so heres whats up, i pull off my doors and sure as sheet i already had aftermarket speakers. i figured so because my alpine wouldn't make them sound as amazingly orgasmic as if they where stock. anywho! the rockfords are beautiful, they look absolutely stunning. if i where to make babies with a speaker... the 6 1/2's would be the ones. as for sound, there isnt much of a difference between what i had and the rockfords. they sound awesome for $50. (sonic electronix ) they lack a bit in the bass department but that may also be because i have subs.
front doors fit right in, slipped right in and that was that. back doors on the other hand, the magnet touched the metal. i got my self some half inch spacers and... door panel is touching them (what the ef...) so im going to have to shave down the ring that is on the inside of the panel, which is fine with me.
tweeters... give me a day or two... i haven't got them in yet.

overall the 6 1/2's are nice, whether or not they sound better then my old ones oh well. yet just to have the rockford name in my truck makes me happy... and thats what matters.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:29 AM

Sweet. What speakers where already in the truck?

I need to get me some aftermarket door speakers. My factory Delcos from 91 sound pretty good, but the rear ones are starting to crackle finally. I've been impressed with them, took 19 years of use and heavy bass/rap music from a Kenwood deck to finally start to break them.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Starting Member

pioneer's but they weren't the stock ones. i opened them up and they didn't have the harness, the wires where just taped. the weird thing is they left the stock tweeters in. i was debating 4x6s or tweeters. we will see if i made the right decision today.

i would recommend these speakers for sure. do you have 6x9's in back of your blazer screwed? i had a set of alpine type s 6x9s and those sounded great too.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:59 PM

No I've got 4x6's in the dash and 6.5's in the rear doors. I was just wondering what the former owner used. If he was a wal-mart drop in kinda person or a higher end speaker person. It's always cool to open a door panel or something and find something that you did'nt know you had and the previous owner didn't mention.

As long as it's not old condoms or soundstorm speakers like my buddy found in his truck after he bought it .

You got the tweeters in I suppose since you mentioned you would know today?

Old 07-20-2010, 08:20 AM
Starting Member

soundstorms covered in old condoms? could keep the moister out haha

so i got the tweeters in last night. i had to pick up some wood and make my own tweeter mounts, but it was worth it. i have to say those little things pick up and go! there are 3 settings on the crosovers... -4db, -2db, 0db. -2 db and, 0db sound like absolute **** its almost like hissing. i realized this because i set my back speakers and subs on and had the front turned off for about 2 miles. when i turned them back on i wanted to kill myself they sounded horrid. but on -4 it sounds good so haha

Old 07-20-2010, 10:52 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Nice, I would eventually like to get more speakers for my truck lol.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:08 AM

Glad to see your audio come together.

And no he had blown 4x6 soundstorm speakers in the dash when he bought it. (they sell them online for like $10 a pair .) And when we pulled the rear paneling off to replace the factory speakers in the rear pillars condoms fell out.

Funny thing is that it was the ones that have clear wrappers, no name brand, and the condoms are neon colors like pink and purple and green. Like the condoms you'd see in movies and rap videos in the early 90's! ha ha, they got thrown away.

So what are you gonna work on next? You mentioned you already have subs and now have all your speakers in. Maybe a external amp for the door speakers?

Quick Reply: Got Some New Toys. :D