Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Got Some New Toys. :D

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

yep need to get an amp for my door, i realized i was stupid and forgot about ohms on the door and dash and the reason the tweeters sounded ****ty is because with the doors its at 2 ohms and i think my alpine is only 4 ohm stable. so amp for the doors for sure. i was wondering why my 2 front doors started to sound like **** then it hit me! im trying to save up and get 2 fi btl's and a couple amps to match. that will defiantly be a while though.

84blazer get on it! nothing feels better then new speakers!

Old 07-21-2010, 04:24 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Niceeeee...... FI BTL= insane SPL. That's what I'm talking about!

I'm saving up through the winter to get a custom box made and 2 lanzar opti 1533d's. Plus get the truck painted, but hopefully taxes will take care of most of the paint. Probley get door/dash speakers sometime before winter

Old 07-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Starting Member

well sweet i cant wait to see all your stuff come together, i love seeing other builds. around here all the kids are dumb. when i sold my jl's to a friend everyone had to show me what they where running. so im asking questions like whats your rms, how about impedance? id get a reply like i dont know either im running 1000 watts though! so i had to shut them all down with the type r's and tell a kid i was running 3000 watts because he doesnt know or understand rms. haha

i just want to move alot of air, and BTL's look like they do it. now days im not much of a bass person when im alone. i like to enjoy my music. so i may also get a separate FI Q for when im not trying to shut kids down or when theres no spl shows.

and these rockford tweeters suck total ***... im getting some 4x6's instead.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:13 AM

Hate to hear that about the tweeters. Around here if you asked someone if thier subs are wired in paralel or series they'd look at you like your crazy. Most of em' are just starting to realize what "bridging" a amp means...

they don't know why a kicker 2000 watt amp costs $1100 and a Boss 2000 watt only costs $125. "I want my bass to be the Boss." LMFAO! Or they spend a couple grand at a audio shop and get pissed cause my box, amp, and subs only cost $470 all together and is as loud if not louder.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Starting Member

ya damn kids haha... one of the kids was like yah i need new power wire, it wont power my amp enough, so i look at it and it was thinner then my speaker wire. he has like 16 to 20 gauge power wire... IM NOT EVEN KIDDING. he asked me if i had any power wire for sale and told me $25 was too much for 8 gauge rockford wire with a fuse attached. yeah... try too cheap. haha

is it me or are me and you really the only ones that reply to anything in the audio section? haha every post i see i try to toss in some input and you usually beat me to it.

have you heard a BTL? iv just seen the SMD videos.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Starting Member

got my 4x6's!

Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's

im going to put them in tomorrow!

Old 07-25-2010, 08:39 PM

Nice, I was looking at those Infinity's online the other day.

Nah never heard the FI in person alot, but at sound off's they always did pretty good.

And don't leave out my boy Mack (MTopper), he's always replying to audio threads and normally beats me. But he's been busy with family and is in Virginia right now so he aint been on as much as usual. But he's really well versed in car audio and the such. There used to be alot of people on the car audio threads but seems like not so much anymore.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Starting Member

these infinity's, get them. they sound amazing and mixed with the rockfords sounds like heaven.
MTopper, iv seen him around before. this fourm can never have to many car audio enthusiast!