Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

The Great Speaker Debate

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:04 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: The Great Speaker Debate

ORIGINAL: Good_Chevy

I have a question for you Jag, why did you start this thread? To mock what every one else likes/has? Not every one has heard of all the higher end brands, nor do they have the money for them. And the size of amps/boxes you need for some of those subs is just insane, especially for people like me who have kids. If people are happy with there Sony Xplodes, or there JL's, just let them be. I love my Alpine deck, and my Elemental Designs sub with my PPI amp sound more then good enough to me. I don't care if it doesn't set off car alarms from a block away. Everybody has there own personal preferences.
This is a debate thread....its for people to post experiences they have had with certain brands of speakers. More for help then anything....I dont car what you run nor do I care if you can set off car alarms or not.....This is a thread for people to post factual information about speakers.....do you havea problem with this?

Old 02-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Good_Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

No, sorry, I guess I'm the one with a mat.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:08 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

lol no issues dude.....just post up your experiences and what not about things you have owned. Its nice to know you had good dealings with eD b/c I know a lot of people who have had problems with them.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Good_Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I actually bought mine used and it blew every other sub I've ever owned out of the water. I've actually never heard anything bad about them, on there website all the reviews are good, but I doubt they post the bad ones. I'm just curious, why do you dislike JL so much? I bought an older used one as one of my first subs (a 12", the ones that had foam surrounds and the protruding dust cap) and it hit pretty hard. Then again I only paid $50 for it.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:58 PM
BF Veteran

To me, JL is way to hyped up for what it is. Dont get me wrong they are a great company with awsome products but if people learn to step away from the mainstream companies they will learn that there is better out there for the same amount if not less money. Ive owned JL....I had a pair of XR 6.5" components in my blazer. Then I ran Rainbow audio and paid half the money for one of their lower end speakers and it just blew my mind the clarity those speakers have

Old 02-03-2009, 07:53 PM
oakleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

not to mention whos going to spend more on a comp set than they did on the vehicle its going in......i dont care if the morels, dynaudios were solid gold theres still no way id spend 2k on speakers.....
Well my dynaudios are worth around $1200, and my truck is probably worth around $9000, so there.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:40 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

Well since my blazer was free and Im putting a bunch of audio gear that I purchased, I guess I would be one of those guys whos going tospend morea comp setthan the vehicle itself.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: oakleyg

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

not to mention whos going to spend more on a comp set than they did on the vehicle its going in......i dont care if the morels, dynaudios were solid gold theres still no way id spend 2k on speakers.....
Well my dynaudios are worth around $1200, and my truck is probably worth around $9000, so there.
how do you like those dyns??? I have the Dyn 142 mids in my dash and I love them

Old 02-03-2009, 11:00 PM
oakleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

They sound really good, I just have to run them active now off my amp and see if that makes a difference, all I did for tuning them is RTAed it a bit and that made a huge difference. I had the chance to hear them in a few different vehicles which is why I ended up getting them. Are you running those MD 142s with your 2 sets of components?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:32 AM
BF Veteran

yea......the 142s are in my dash and I have a set of Rainbow CMX465 kicks in my front doors and a set of Rainbow SLC265s in my rears. Everything is active and its amazing

Quick Reply: The Great Speaker Debate