Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Grumble....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default Grumble....

Alright...got the four Memphis speakers installed, and they sound pretty nice. Obviously they NEED an amp, and working off the radio right now they aren't going to sound amazing yet. But when they put them in they didn't pay attention to detail. The back passenger side seat belt is now turned the wrong way and the passenger door is ratting like a bitch, and thats WITHOUT the speakers on. They just didn't put it back together good. So they are gonna get a phone call about it.

Other then that they are good and gave me a good price on the speakers. I'll be using them but I think after this phone call they will see that I really pay attention.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:05 AM
DavidBoone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Grumble....

Not good.[:'(]I also was thinking about Memphis audio replacements and heard they were good. If they would not fix their mistakes i would try it myself. If you can't get rid of the vibration in the door try Dynamat. It is a sound dampening foam you stick on that provides excellent sound proofing and is pretty sure to get rid of those rattles. You probably already know about Dynamat and just need them to fix it. Let them know the future of your dealings with them depends on if they will put in the time to fix what they should have before it left their shop.(Been there done that) Good Luck and let us know how the memphis speakers sound if you decide on an amp

Old 06-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

yeah i was going to ask around here for a recommendation on an amplifier. Its the one thing I know NOTHING about... so i really need to get some ideas. i dont want anything too big, and i need to be able to hide it fairly well. I wont be bolting it to a seat... probably looking to mount it UNDER one of the seats, or very hidden.

I know about dynomat, just think that they didnt tighten down the door properly and that kinda ticks me off...

Old 06-19-2006, 01:44 PM
kornphlake is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure how the rear panels mount on the 2 doors, but it may just be that you need to push the plastic clips in a little farther. Try pushing on the trim panel around the edges and see if it will seat against the sheet metal a little tighter. The install shop may have broken a clip or two and was just too lazy to replace it so the panel isn't attatched as securely as it's supposed to be.

Good luck finding an amp that will fit under your seats. I couldn't fit mine under the front seats of my 4 door, I could have put it under the rear seats but then it would get in the way when I fold the seats over for cargo space. As much as I like listening to music with an amp I hate having the amp just sitting there in the way, unless you've got a sub box I don't really see any good place to hide an amp.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:41 PM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is most likely that the clips were broken or damaged too much when the panel was pulled off. They really arent meant to be reused after the panel has been removed. The plastic tabs on the clips get bent backwards and will not hold like they are supposed to.
I was gentle with mine and they were still too screwed up to hold correctly, I ended up going to the stealership and buying a bag of the plastic clips and replacing the messed up ones.

Old 06-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Retired Super Moderator

ok well THAT SUCKS!!!! I called them and they said to bring the truck by tomorrow and they will be MORE then happy to find the problem and fix it. I already told them that I was going to use them for like ALL the stuff I purchase so they KNOW they are getting money outta me... they could pay attention to detail ya know?

Old 06-19-2006, 05:48 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

if ur looking for an amp to power those speakers u should run one of the lower end Hifonics Amps. Great quality and the words Hifonics lights up on it so it looks good at night! Good price on them too! But if your strapped for cash you run a Power Acoustik 4 channel amp. They are good quality the power ratings are alittle less than stated but still GREAT price on them. If you want I can give you my wholesaler for it and get a cheaper price for it

Old 06-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Retired Super Moderator

What do you think about Xtreme amps? I'm told that they guy who did the speaker install has them in stock and they are a good four channel amp. any thoughts?

Old 06-19-2006, 11:02 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

honestly I've never heard anything about them. As long as it puts out the right ammount of power and wont cut out during usage due to overheating then go for it. If thats in your price range then yea. But I'd be safe and use the Hifonics or PA or better yet a Rockford Fosgate [:-]

Old 06-20-2006, 06:04 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

Why dont u just go get a memphis amp?....lol. seriously, memphis is a very very good company. and they are very well know for their amps. it would be a wise investment.

btw, hifonics are overated in power output.

Quick Reply: Grumble....