Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Grumble....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Grumble....

Heya Ryan... we were just speaking of you in another thread wondering where you been! hahah.... I would LOOOVVVEEEE a Memphis amp, since I just got Memphis speakers and yes I agree they are a GREAT name, just not sure I can afford it. But I'll ask about the pricing on them... can't hurt to find out.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:23 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Dory

Heya Ryan... we were just speaking of you in another thread wondering where you been! hahah.... I would LOOOVVVEEEE a Memphis amp, since I just got Memphis speakers and yes I agree they are a GREAT name, just not sure I can afford it. But I'll ask about the pricing on them... can't hurt to find out.
i took like a 6 month vacation, lol. sorry i just been really busy lately. yes, def check prices on the memphis. check ebay, and also look for some in the classifieds of caraudio.com. you can find completely insane deals there sometimes. some people just wanna get rid of there crap asap...ive gotten quite a few deals that were significantly lower than ebay....like my 13w7, for example, i got it at caraudio.com for $300. and at the time, they were $700-800 on ebay!!! def check that out.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

what do you think about this one:

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/produ...ails.asp?id=62

Old 06-20-2006, 02:40 PM

looks nice, although if you speakers can handle it, id go with more wattage.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Retired Super Moderator

i just bought four brand new memphis audio power reference speakers, two 6 1/2"s and two 6x9"s. going to put two 4x6"s in the dash when i can afford to...just need that amp! lol

Old 06-20-2006, 06:30 PM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

I was able to put my alpine amp and cd changer in the console of my 96 4door. just take out the black insert, and there's plenty of room. the wires are hidden in the console. no overheating from either the amp or the cd changer. easy access to the amp for adjustments and easy access to cd changer. no drilling required. only problem: no more console to stuff mail and bills in! when it comes to audio, i believe alpine is the best. a little high, but you get what you pay for.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Retired Super Moderator

I was never much for Alpine. Not sure why. I got the Memphis speakers, probably gonna get the amp from them too. I would LIKE an Eclipse radio... now thats pricy too! And as for a cd changer, i might do an in-dash one!

Old 06-20-2006, 06:43 PM

i must throw out how my experience with eclipse decks was utter hell. however, no1 has ever seemed to have the problems i had...karma perhaps? lol. eclipse is very good, just make sure you have their 3 year warranty just incase my issues arent an isolated incident.