Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough
Default help.

this morning while driving my system was fine. come home, thn get rady to go somewhere else. turn on my blazer to get my tunes rolling and then nothing but engine noise. i checked all my fuses, rechecked my ground to make shure it was still metal to metal. any suggestions/ideas?

Old 04-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Steve-o
this morning while driving my system was fine. come home, thn get rady to go somewhere else. turn on my blazer to get my tunes rolling and then nothing but engine noise. i checked all my fuses, rechecked my ground to make shure it was still metal to metal. any suggestions/ideas?

Are you nunnxng the factory radio or an after market unit? If it's aftermarket, who put it in?

Old 04-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Beginning Member
Amart88 is on a distinguished road

Also, If it is an aftermarket Head unit, What brand is it? If it's a Pioneer, the Internal PICO fuse could have blown. To solve this try grounding your RCA's

Old 04-19-2013, 03:22 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I had this issue with my new kenwood HU. I just hit the reset button to fix it.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough

next time ill give better info :3 its a pioneer 44hd. but i took it out and desided to just flip the rca's. i put the left in the right and the right in the left(in the back of the HU) and it works fine now. odd but im happy with it.

plus who uses stock HU's :P

Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Steve-o
next time ill give better info :3 its a pioneer 44hd. but i took it out and desided to just flip the rca's. i put the left in the right and the right in the left(in the back of the HU) and it works fine now. odd but im happy with it.

plus who uses stock HU's :P
If it happens again try grounding the RCAs to the headunit chassis. It will take the noise right away. Aparently thats a common problem with Pioneers