Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Help connecting in-dash car stereo wiring harnesses 98.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 01:03 AM
denver jimmy is on a distinguished road
Default Help connecting in-dash car stereo wiring harnesses 98.

I bought a 98 Jimmy four-door and it didn't come with any in-dash wiring harnesses to connect to the stereo. All the wires are cut and I need help connecting them to harnesses I picked up at the junk yard (they're the right ones). I tried following a pdf from installdr.com and got some of it but not all of it right. There's too many of the same color from the in-dash that don't match the harnesses. Attached are pics of the wires and harnesses. I really need help. There is a speaker on each door (4 speakers), each side of dash (2 speakers), and it looks like there is a little tweeter above the driver door. Thanks for looking!!!

In the last pic there are 3 dark greens, one light green, 2 gray, one blue, one light blue, one tan, one brown, one purple with a white strip, one orange, one black and one yellow. I matched the single ones like the orange, light blue, dark blue, tan, light green.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:56 AM
zerepdivad is on a distinguished road

Honestly whoever had your truck before probably had a mullet... i hate when people cut the harnesses.
Pick up a multimeter and start testing honestly is your best bet. It's just standard gm colors on that truck thankfully so here's the colors...
Battery
ORANGE
(+)
RADIO HARNESS

Accesory
DARK GREEN
(+)
RADIO HARNESS

Ground
BLACK
(-)
RADIO HARNESS