Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Help with dash speakers!!!

Old 03-22-2008, 08:56 PM
txblazin7500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with dash speakers!!!

I have a '01 4 door and i read on here that the infinity 6412cfp plate speakers will fit into the dash openings. They do, got them to fit no prob, but they seem really strained and pop and sound terrible. Does anyone know anything about this? help!

Old 03-22-2008, 09:02 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Help with dash speakers!!!

They may be over powered or underpowered from what it sounds like! I have 4x6 plate speakers in mine they are blaupunkt <- spelling, and they work just fine with no amp or extra power pushing them. So I am thinking overpowered or underpowered im not a 100% sure of which!!

Old 03-22-2008, 09:05 PM

They are just powered by the stock unit, all i had done was just switched the speakers, got the crossover out of course, but thats all. It just doesn't make sense to me that it would be over-powered.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:10 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Yea then I would say they are underpowered maybe? What do you have as your settings for bass and treble??? If the bass is up to high that can cause popping and distortion!!

Old 03-22-2008, 09:17 PM

I'm sure it is the bass response, it's really bad when it's on the "rock setting" i think it's when the bass is 3/4 the way up. The treble sounds fine, but for it to not pop there has to be very little bass.

Also to test them to see if they could handle it, i plugged them into the rear slots to see if they would pop. They are fine in the back, it's just the dash spots. Like they are outputting more than the other spots it seems like.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:20 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

its because they do not have a crossover...

Old 03-22-2008, 09:25 PM

It had a crossover for the tweeters, i took it out the first time.

I triedtheplate speakersagain with the crossover from the original tweeters, it took out too much of the bass and made tweeter sound good, but no signal to the woofer.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:01 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i have a 98 with the stock component setup ( 6.5" midbass in the door and a small 1" tweeter in the dash). i replaced the speakers in the doors with some cheap pioneer ones a few years ago and i replaced the speakers in the dash(with infinity 6412's)about 3 months ago... however, i did NOT take any crossover out i just snipped the wires at the stock tweeter and soldered them to the new 4x6 plates.

keep in mind though, a 3" driver isnt going to have a very good bass response. more power might give them a little better bass but the frequency response is only 72-21kHz.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=15360

Old 03-23-2008, 10:53 AM

Yeah, I guess a better question is why do they work perfect in the back doors and not on the dash. Thats whats been tripping me up.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:17 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same plate speakers and im throwing em out asap

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with dash speakers!!!