Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Help with dash speakers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:20 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Help with dash speakers!!!

your mounting baffle in the dash could be what is making the horrible noises.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:47 AM
txblazin7500 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's definately the speakers.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:08 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

just turn the distortion enhancements down

Old 03-23-2008, 05:05 PM

How do you do that?

Old 03-23-2008, 05:50 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

bass boost, bass, eq, and anything else on yoru deck that similar to the afore mentioned.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Butts is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that more of the recorded bass signal is sent to the front speakers hence the rear setup won't "pop". Turn down the bass and get a crossover on the plates. Use the 6.5" door speakers for bass re-enforcement.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Beginning Member
99midnightLT is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I've looked at on my 99 4 door, the stock rear speakers are 9.5 ohm, with the front door speakers at 4 ohm. That leads me to believe that the tweeter in the dash is 4 ohm, and is wired in series with the door to acheive ~8 ohm.

In the rear, your 4x6 plate would be running at 4 ohms of resistance(assuming they are 4 ohm rated plate speakers), which would be more power than it would recieve in a ~8 ohm system up front(assuming you also have a 4 ohm woofer/speaker in the front door).

I've got 2 polk audio 6.5"s in my rear doors that sound great, but if I put them in my front doors they sound weak, and empty of bass. This is a result of what I'm guessing is 2 speakers wired in series up front.

If you wire them in parallel, on the other hand, you would be placing the front half under a ~2 ohm load and they would probably sound great, maybe even overpowered. Your head unit might not like the 2 ohm load, though, especially if it's the stocker that's used to 4 times that much resistance.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:04 AM

That make a lot of sense!

I Actually have infinity 6.5' 2-ohm in the front doors. So if they are run in series that would send too much power to the dash right? because the dash are 4-ohm?

Old 04-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Beginning Member
99midnightLT is an unknown quantity at this point

The dash speakers would be slightly underpowered, because once the power reaches the dash speakers you already have a 2 ohm load on the head unit. The front would be running at 6 ohms.

If you get a 2 ohm dash speaker, then the complete front half would be running at 4 ohms. If you have 4 ohm rear door speaks, then in theory the system wouldsound balanced.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:33 PM
bstanton010 is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't removed the door panels or dash, so I was hoping someone could shed some light on how the speakers are wired in the front. Basically, I am waffling between components and coax speakers for the front. The choice is going to depend on how the tweeter wiring is run.

Where is the crossover? Do the dash tweeters run directly to the radio or do they run from the door speakers?

Quick Reply: Help with dash speakers!!!