Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Help with RCA Pre-out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:22 PM
jakehockey75 is on a distinguished road
Default Help with RCA Pre-out!

my head unit only has a single pre out. i have no idea how to hook up my sub with out it. any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Starting Member
95Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I'm assuming you're running multiple amps? You have a few options. A different CD player, RCA splitters, or get a crossover and just run the 1 set of RCA's to the crossover and split them from there.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:22 PM

i was planning on just setting up a mono amp or a multi channel amp and have it all hooked up to the speakers. im a newbie to all this.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:44 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

get a better head unit. All quality head units come with multiple sets of preouts. you can use splitters as already mentioned, but every time the signal is split, it loses quality. and since your head unit only has one set of preouts, the quality of the signal is debatable to start with.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:10 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

theres a lot of head units out there that are pretty good for not that much money. the only other thing I can think of other than splitting your rca's is that you could get 2 line outs and to use for the rca's to your channeled amp and use the 1 pre out for your sub. thats probably gonna give u the best quality for the least amount of money. it still won't sound as good as a new head unit. I'm a cheapskate about pretty much anything but when it comes to car audio cheap stuff everything tends to not work the way you want it to.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:49 PM

id rather not buy a new head unit. i just bought it a few months ago, its a pioneer. forget what model. i dont need it to bump THAT loud. would just a mono amp need one splitter? maybe ill put the head unit up on craigs list and see how much id get... then maybe buy a new one..

Old 01-26-2010, 10:54 PM

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...EH-1100MP.html . this is basically it. i have the newer model, but its the same backing. im kinda pissed cuz i did research but went into this shop near me, and i just wanted to get my new head unit and speakers. the guy said hed cut me a deal and i paid 140 for it. guess i shoulda done my research and not just bought on instinct. they wont be gettin my business again

Old 01-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Starting Member
95Jimmy is on a distinguished road

If you're planning on running all the speakers in the vehicle off of the CD player and just the subs off of the amp you'll be fine with just one set of preouts. The website you listed showed the CD player to have a 2.5v preout which is relatively weak. If you're wanting to run 2 amps- one for mids and highs and one for a sub definately just go with another CD player. Look for one with 3 preouts- the higher the voltage the better the signal. I personally haven't had good luck with Pioneer. The only CD player I found that wouldn't skip in my mustang was an Eclipse. Don't know why but I tried Pioneer, 2 Panasonics, JVC, and they would all skip when I cranked it up with 2 L7 12's.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:47 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

alpine > all

Old 01-27-2010, 11:03 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
alpine > all
if you like non user friendly headunits

i prefer pioneer

Quick Reply: Help with RCA Pre-out!