Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Hidden subs...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Starting Member
degaine_designs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
The 500.00 stealth box is made by JL audio, but it only fits 95+ 4 door blazers.
Originally Posted by oktain
I just picture a foot slipping off the parking brake lever and going through a speaker with that lol... nice idea though if you're careful.

An idea (don't know about the 1st gen) is to make an enclosure of some sort that'd fit in one of the two compartments behind the seats in the rear quarter panels... I don't know if the 1st gen had these compartments though, I know mine may be big enough for a 10" sub.
Yeah, I had the same thought.

I may end up having to fabricate something. But its going to be a few more months at least before I'm ready. I just wanted to see what my options are.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
An idea (don't know about the 1st gen) is to make an enclosure of some sort that'd fit in one of the two compartments behind the seats in the rear quarter panels... I don't know if the 1st gen had these compartments though, I know mine may be big enough for a 10" sub.
I've been throwing this idea around, I'm debating on 8's or 10's. I know the 8 would just require a little fiberglassing and a grill, while the 10's would require some cutting of those compartments. I've been looking for those panels on craigslist and ebay, but have not had any luck.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:57 PM
92K5BLAZER is on a distinguished road

I have a 1992 blazer. (full-size) I was wondering, would it be possible to put maybe 2 12" slim-subs in the tailgate? If so would it be hard and would t be worth it?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:36 AM

I've thought about that too for my 2000, but I use my rear end a lot and would not want to drag anything across subs or amps mounted in my tailgate.

I have seen it done in a s-series so I'd say if you thought it'd work for you then go for it.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:31 AM
92K5BLAZER is on a distinguished road

do you know where i could find a picture of it done. i've looked on google can't find anything.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:23 PM

I thought I had one saved, but can't find it. I know I saw it on the s10forum tho

Old 08-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

qlogic makes a tailgate enclosure for the tahoe. wonder if it would fit a full size blazer?

Attached Thumbnails Hidden subs...-qlogic.jpg  
Old 08-15-2009, 10:35 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I actually also wanted a little help on this. I wanted to put my sub on the passenger side behind the rear wheel well, and look at least somewhat stock. Any suggestions?

Old 08-15-2009, 11:00 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Do you have the sub?

If so... Try to have a friend or someone sit in the seat and position the sub so that they are not kicking it.. and take rough measurements... build a box... wire it up...

I too thought of this as my passenger 99% of the time is my girlfriend who is only 5 foot.... so there is a ton of room... but if anyone would get in it would be smashed...

I once saw powered subs that ranged from 6.5 to 10 and were the size of a bulky dvd player.... those could easily be mounted under a seat but its uncertain to me how they sound...

I am interested in a roof mounted setup...
Like on the inside above the second seats

Old 08-15-2009, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I doubt you'd be able to get much of a stock look... however for a clean look I bow down and shout "I'm not worthy" to unlimtedsp for this piece of absolute art.

So here it is -->

Quick Reply: Hidden subs...