Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Hooking up a sub

Old 05-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Starting Member
Crestwood1001 is on a distinguished road
Default Hooking up a sub

Im thinking about buying a sub, box and amp off a friend, i have the stock 1995 blazer headunit with tape player, i recently took the rear speakers out, now can i just add length to the red and black wires, hook them to the sub, and run the power to the battery, or do i need to get to the back of the radio, can i even do this with the stock radio

Old 05-25-2009, 09:40 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

possible, yes, worth it, no....

Old 05-25-2009, 09:42 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If you're going to be running subs you're going to want to look at getting a proper deck for them....not just the stock radio. You're not going to get any kind of good output from the stock radio, so putting subs is would be kind of pointless.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Starting Member

Alright thats all i needed to know lol

Old 05-25-2009, 01:09 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001
Alright thats all i needed to know lol
If and when you buy a deck..look for one with the outputs on the back of it for the sub. I can't remember if they're just standard RCA outputs of if they're something more. Most decks now a days have the outputs, you may have to spend a little then just your basic 100$ deck though.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Starting Member

Well im getting rid of this vehicle soon, prob within two months, getting a 2010 Camaro SS baby! haha

Old 05-25-2009, 02:35 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

waste of money then....just get a buddy to ride shotgun and beat-box for you or something.....

Old 05-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Starting Member

Lol yea im not gonna buy the sub, ill save it for the camaro and have something installed by a pro, iv been saving for this car for a long time and my dads helpin me out

Old 05-25-2009, 03:46 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001
Lol yea im not gonna buy the sub, ill save it for the camaro and have something installed by a pro, iv been saving for this car for a long time and my dads helpin me out
You're gunna have to put up pics of that Camaro when you get it lol. I'm in love with those cars!!

Old 05-25-2009, 05:34 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

lol this crestwood guy is alllll over the place with his ideas. one minute he wants a sub then wants to know how to fix the clear peeling on his then wants to save money to get the blazer running right and now is "buying" a new camaro

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hooking up a sub