Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Hooking up a sub

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Starting Member
Crestwood1001 is on a distinguished road

I have alot of questions and alot of ideas for things to do with my vehicles, if you have a problem with that stop reading my posts dude. And for your information my dad got t boned by a guy that ran a stop sign and has a herniated disk in his neck giving him constant migranes, its been in court for 5 years and we won so now we are waiting for the other guys lawers to make a $ offer that we like because my dad is not gonna be able to work untill he can retire. We think its gonna be about 375,000$. So for my graduation present (two weeks) im getting my first NEW car thank you very much.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:50 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001
I have alot of questions and alot of ideas for things to do with my vehicles.
every "idea" youve had you backed out on and if you say your getting a new car in two weeks then why worry about your blazer and as far as your dad goes sorry about the accident, but theres no reason to post the whole back story on his situation and how much money you think ur getting.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Starting Member

I posted that because you called me out on getting the car. And i plan on keeping the blazer because me and my dad will both be driving cars and being in PA means snow in the winter so we are gonna keep it in case we need the four wheel drive, plus it was my first car and I like it. Alot of the questions I have are not things I plan on doing but things I want to know because im trying to learn more about my truck and cars in general.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:46 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

mikeinwi, do you really have a problem with someone asking quesitons on a forum? Because that is exactly what youre complaining about. If he changes his mind, so what? Its only the interwebs, chill!

Old 05-25-2009, 09:48 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

he can ask all the questions he wants that doesnt bother me, what does bother me is when someone asks how to do something then other ppl take thier own time to give him suggestions and then he decides he doesnt really care anyway its like if you dont really care then why waste everyones time?? i realize it was stupid on my part to start a pissing contest so this will be my lost post regaurding this subject and ill be patiently awaiting pics of the new camaro or which ever car he decides on.(not being sarcastic)

Old 05-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Starting Member

Well you keep checking back and you will get them jack ***. The reason I asked this question was to see if it was something I could do myself. I was wondering what it would take to hook it up.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:07 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

technically, you could just hook the sub up to the wires left over from your rear speaker removal....
You could also wire it into you amp as the rear speakers and run your standasrd 6 as "the front"
or you could do it right which would take about as much time...

So... I'm with mikeinwi on this one. While he did get a bit wound up by the fact that you ARE all over the place in your posting, AND have dumped like 100 posts in less than ten days... hell you may just be an active guy.

BUT calling someone a jackass, after they go out of their way to back off where they were going, is unneccessary at best. Really, boards like this would run much smoother if people would not take thingsso seriously. He backed off man, leave it be.

So that being said , in the spirit of jackassery, here is a picture of my sweet new 2010 Camaro. I sold my right kidney to a wealthy Englishman who had cancer to get it, but it was well worth the 23k for the base model yo! The manual windows match my Race Stripe!

P.S. Since you did put all of your business out on the table, you and your dad, who hopes to claim $375k for an injury, will be dropping 1/15th of that settlement on your car. Thats the base model, like mine. SO, if that 350k (left over) is to carry him through to retirement like you said, at or around 65 I wonder how your standard of living will fair? We'll say he's 55 for ****s and giggles. I hope that Camaro is warm when he is supporting your car habits, and his life on 35k a year. Good luck to you, sir.

**NOTE** most #'s were speculative.

Attached Thumbnails Hooking up a sub-camaro-.jpg  

Last edited by ABN31B; 05-26-2009 at 01:09 AM. Reason: added helpful top bit...
Old 05-26-2009, 07:01 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

This thread is alll over the place lol...

I've been watching this thread as it unfolded lol..and was holding off on replying.
I have to agree with both ABN and mikeinwi...there was no need for any of these posts to get the way they did lol..it got out of hand fast. It can be annoying when we're giving you answers to your questions and you keep skipping around like crazy with your ideas, but obviously you have a lot of question and ideas. It doesn't really bother me much, ask as many questions as you like and I'll answer what I can.

It got taken too far as soon as you start calling the people helping YOU jackasses...you can't expect help from us after you start calling us jackasses (I know, you called mike one, but in turn called all of us one since we were all helping you).

I have to agree with ABN too....at the age of 17 350K may seem like a whole lot of money, but at that age you would have no grasp on the cost of living, expecially if you have a family. 350k probably won't go that far in todays day and age...especially if you from 25k+ on a new Camaro. But, it's not my place to say what your dad can or can't spend his money on, it's totally up to him and I'll be happy for you if/when you do get this new Camaro...they are bad *** cars. As I said...post pics, I want to see it when you get it!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Starting Member

Well if you re read his posts I called him a jackass after he called me out on B.S'ing about the car. My dad can work fine now so the money he is getting is going to get saved and his pay checks now will add to it. He is 48 btw. And me and him have always loved Camaros and this is the time we finnaly get to own one, its not like im gonna take it and run off it will be a shared car between us.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:30 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

He is 48 btw.
Ack! that means a paltry 20.5k per year until 65 which I don't think you can retire at now anyway. But I digress...

it will be a shared car between us
Damn when I was staring down the barrel of 18 years of age, I was trying to figure out where the hell I was going to live. That is sweet your old man is gonna loan you his new ride!

What kind of sub did you get? Did you get it running? Is your dad down for you running it in the blazer before trasnplanting it in the Camaro still?

Last edited by ABN31B; 05-26-2009 at 05:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Hooking up a sub